Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Default TL Space Native - no impulse responses will load

ok - i've been tracking down a fix for this for several days now...

we installed the MPT version of TL Space Native - downloaded ilok assets - everything seemed fine.

note: i found no installer for the Impulse Response Library - so i dragged the IR folder from the
install disc into the Program Folder > Trillium Labs Folder. Seems like sometime back.. waay back
i installed MPT for a friend and there was an installer for IR - but no more apparently.

The Problem:

when i launched PTLE ( 7.4cs4 ) - and opened TL Space Native - no impulse responses would load.

i've tried the following:

1. un-installed and re-installed ( once from MPT box and once from PTLE install disc )
2. downloaded the 7.4cs1 update for TL Space Native from Digi - noted the specific fix for IR loading
3. downloaded IR folders from Digi site

nothing has worked yet:

the error message i get each time i try to either 'load a factory preset' or 'install IR package'
is the following:

1. when loading a factory preset - 'one or more files were unable to load'
2. when installing an IR package - i see the list of IR ready to install, but once i ok the install
the same error message appears - 'one or more files failed to load - please see log for more info'
and of course - i'm unable to find which log file it's referring to, so i have no more specifics
try and hunt down the problem.

at this point - TL Space in unusable - with no IR loaded or capable of being loaded.

here are more system specs:

Win XP : PTLE 7.4cs4 : 003 Rack Factory : Apogee Rosetta 800 : 48k Sample Rate (via Word Clock -
Apogee Master, 003r Slave) : TL Space Native 7.4cs1

anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

thanks
Hobson
Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Default Re: TL Space Native - no impulse responses will load

If I remember correctly you need to install the .tls files individually - one at a time from the TL Space Browser.

filosofem
Old 05-28-2008, 11:49 PM

thanks filosofem for the quick response, however,

when i load from the browser (note: at the moment there is just a 'favorites' folder) - i choose
'Install IR package' - it prompts me to locate the .TLS file - i find this, select it, click ok -
and then i see a window prompt with a listing of all the items of the TLS package - i select
'install' and then i immediately get the error message mentioned IMOP - 'one or more files didn't
load... '

i've also tried the 'rescan for IR files' feature of the browser - no luck.

the studio computer is not hooked up to the net, so i don't have the luxury of downloading IR
files from a website.

'load' in the IR browser does nothing.
'install IR' in the browser does nothing.
'import IR' folder in the browser does nothing but load another folder into browser.
choosing a preset from the default list at the top of the plugin window does nothing.

seems the error message is the key - but i can't decipher it - any idea where exactly my
log file is for this? I did a search for all log files (incl. hidden files) and it did not
shed any specific light on the problem.

Hobson.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:59 PM

Try reinstalling TL Space 7.4 without the cs update then try to install the .tls files individually one at a time.

filosofem
Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Yeah.. i agree - will try this again later today... seemed like this began with the 7.4 version -
all the problems mentioned were the same there too - which is why i moved to the cs1 update...

but, still, i'll give that a shot. thanks

Hobson
Old 05-29-2008, 06:19 PM

On the same line...I purchased several verbs not long ago (TL-SN being one of them) I read up on some of it and it looked rather intimidating and I simply haven't had the time to play around with it. When you're sitting in front of a client you simply want to go to a pre-set and fine-tune and this was something I didn't see in TL. Are you saying there are pre-sets and they need to be individually installed? Very strange!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
...so i dragged the IR folder from the install disc into the Program Folder > Trillium Labs Folder.
Try this location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Trillium Lane\TL Space\Impulse Responses. The impulses should all be there when you push the >> button in the upper right-hand corner of the plugin.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
...so i dragged the IR folder from the install disc into the Program Folder > Trillium Labs Folder.
Try this location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Trillium Lane\TL Space\Impulse Responses. The
impulses should all be there when you push the >> button in the upper right-hand corner of the
plugin.

ok - i figured it out (finally!) this evening - seems the install problem may be related to the fact
that our local drive is labeled 'H' and not the traditional 'C' - after finding one of the
mysterious error logs i discovered the overriding error was the inability to install to 'C' drive...

after searching all TL Space files and folders - i found the 'common files' folder path to IR's you
mentioned above - and though it wasn't there in the IR browser on first launch of the plug - i
successfully 'loaded the IR folder' into the browser and then was able to 'load' the individual
IR's within each category folder.

so for now - i'm up and running.

while this is working - i notice i still cannot load IR's from the default selection of the plug-in
window (top left - plug navigation) - after selecting a preset TL Space informs me that one or
more of the files did not load properly.

looking into the future though - it seems i'll continually run into the problem when trying to
install newer IR files - no 'C' drive allocation - is there anyway to change this without [bleep] up
all sorts of drive permissions?

thanks for the help.

Hobson
Old 10-28-2008, 06:37 PM

I looked at all the threads on this, and in case someone in the future has this problem, here is a step-by-step guide of what fixed the issue for me.

WinXP SP2 + PTLE 7.4

1) Uninstall TL Native Space (if already installed).

2) Install update TL Native Space Update 7.4cs1.

3) Load plugin and go to "Install TL Space IR Package."

4) Manually install ALL IR responses (*.tls). This will actually copy all files to
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Trillium Lane\TL Space\Impulse Responses"
regardless of what letter your OS is installed in.

Note: The *.tls files you install can be on the DVD, download / unzipped from online, copied to a directory on your computer, etc. The installation process expands the files and moves the resulting presets to the c:\ drive so it shouldn't matter where the initial files are located.

At this point, everything should be installed, but you won't have access to any of the responses on the right panel of the plugin.

6) Go to "Import Other IR folder."

7) Navigate / import the location on the c:\ drive above.
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Trillium Lane\TL Space\Impulse Responses"

8) All responses should be available on the right panel.

Having the IR responses installed on the C:\ drive is inconvenient if you have multiple installations of Windows, but at least it works and it shouldn't interfere with anything on the other system.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM

I NEED HELP!!

im using a pc, Windows XP, Pro Tools LE 7.3.1, Mbox2, AMD Phenom quad core CPU, 4 GB RAM. Ive built the computer my self, and its more than good enough to run pro tools without any problems.

This what ive tried:

opening tl space in pro tools i go to the edit>install tl space IR package
select a .tls file (that means istalling them one at the time).
push the install button and then this message pops up:
"One or more files were nor written. Please check log for errors."

This is the whole error log file:

A 2 car suburban garage, used as a reverb chamber.
Copyright © 2005 Trillium Lane Labs and its licensors. All rights reserved.
26 files

install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\01 m-m 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Setup1.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\02 m-m 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Setup2Card.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\03 m-m 2 Car Chamber Setup3\Setup2Omni.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\04 m-m 2 Car Chamber Setup4\Setup3Card.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\05 m-m 2 Car Chamber Setup5\Setup3Omni.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\06 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Setup1.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\06 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Setup1.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\07 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Setup2Card.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\07 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Setup2Card.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\08 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup3\Setup2Omni.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\08 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup3\Setup2Omni.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\09 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup4\Setup3Card.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\09 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup4\Setup3Card.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\10 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup5\Setup3Omni.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\10 m-st 2 Car Chamber Setup5\Setup3Omni.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\11 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Omni.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\11 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Omni.Ls.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\11 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Omni.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\11 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup1\Omni.Rs.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\12 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Card.L.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\12 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Card.Ls.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\12 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Card.R.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\12 m-q 2 Car Chamber Setup2\Card.Rs.wav - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\zz-about-2-car-chamber.jpg - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\2-car-garage-closed.jpg - failure creating file.
install: TL Space\04- Chambers\2 Car Chamber\2-car-garage-open.jpg - failure creating file.

i have the tried with the 7.4 cd1 update and without. doesnt work.

Have anyone had this problem? and most importent does anyone know how to fix it or what im doing wrong?