Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 02:23 PM

Default tascam us 2400

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...b=5&o=&fpart=1

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 05-04-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: tascam us 2400

Haven't used it or seen it in person, but it is missing so many things, I gave it a decent glance, but remain with my choice of Command8 (til I can afford a nice ProControl rig, or D-Control )
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:37 PM

yes you´re right.. it´s missing some things. i´ve to try it... the big plus is the surround panner... what i´m really missing is a monitor section...
but i´ll see, hope so.

thx
Old 05-05-2004, 05:48 PM

Hi!
There are some good monitor/controlroom devices out now. Depends on monitoring config as to which to even suggest.

Personally, I am going for the Command8 (set to arrive Fri ).
Since I just moved into 5.1 land, and got the Blue Sky System One 5.1 set (includes BMC for level control and more), I have that covered.

Next move would be to ProControl for me...hehehe...
Quote:
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:46 PM

jez! you´re a lucky one! i´m working for a simular setup except the pro control... uhm... and the pro control has surround panner implimented.. that´s cool. one more question: is the " BMC for level control " enough for comfortable stereo and surround-monitoring??

greets and thx!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:06 PM

Hi!
ProControl is a looong way off

The Blue Sky BMC is 6-XLR in, and then 6-XLR out, plus 2 additional XLR out for sub(s) (when using Bass Management, as one would want for doing 5.1).
It uses an attenuator for volume/level control, digitally controlled, which is very nice. I have found it totally transparent so far. They even made the "System Mute" ramp on (instead of instant BAM! type on), which is a very nice touch IMO. The only thing missing I would like to have had is downmixing for 5.1/5.0/Quad to stereo. I would hit the Blue Sky site, they have the manuals available for download, which show/explain everything. Customer service is second to none- awesome people!

Nice thing is, you can start with the System One 2.1 (list of about $1800, 2-Sat 6.5, 1 Sub 12) and then add the rest later (Sat 6.5 and BMC available seperately). I have seen the full System One 5.1 (5 Sat 6.5, 1 Sub 12, 1 BMC) for under $3700.

Guess you can tell I like these? Only monitors I would have chosen over these are the ADAMs S3A, and since I dont have $9k+ to plop down, I had to "settle" for the Blue Sky's. LOL!
Quote:
Old 05-07-2004, 06:04 AM

you´re a lucky one!! i think the bluesky monitor controller is all what i need for proper monitoring, or?.. i mean all what i´ll need is to switch between stereo and surround-monitoring. and in surround monitoring-mode i wanna solo each channel, if i want to... you know what i mean??

thanks and greets!!!!