Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Bounce is in the wrong pitch

Hi folks
I hope every one is well.
All of asudden this happens out of the blue.
Here is a problem. All of my bounces are playing back a whole step too high and at the wrong speed. I play my session and it is fine, It is clocked to ADAT, and the ADAT is on and the session plays fine.I do my useual bounce to disc, which I jhave done a gazillion times beffore, 16 bit stero interleaved, and then play it back and the whole song is too fast and a whole step higher. Any clues.
I have had this set up for about 5 months with no problem.

PT 6.4
Mac G5 2.5 DP
Thanks

NoteFarm
Old 01-23-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Bounce is in the wrong pitch

Hi there so I have figured out that I had accidently swtichted the back of the AD800 to 44.1

So here is my dilema I have an entire song that palys back in pro tools at the correct pitch, but I cant bounce it in the corect pitch.
I switched the ADA 8000 Back to 48 and thought if I open a session I could just import audio to track, but when I privew the audio it is still to fast and a whole step too hight. Now I know I can go analog (main outs L and Right) out to ADAT, then analog back in to pro tools in to a new sessi9on everything now clocked corectly, and then bounce my new Stero session/mix. But can any one think of a cleaner way? I would love to be able to import the original tracks in to a new session and mix and bounce from there.

Well thanks in advane

Peace and good mixes

NoteFarm
Old 01-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Avid

Default Re: Bounce is in the wrong pitch

Hi,

You can use DigiBase to correct this . All you have to do is find the audio files in question, scroll over to the sample rate field, and type in the "correct" sample rate (the one they were actually clocked to during recording).

Also, there is another workaround that may be faster and simpler, particularly if there are a ton of audio files to modify:

Open a New Session at the "correct" sample rate, then do Import Session Data and select the session in question. Make sure to choose "Copy from source media" and "Apply SRC", but then change the Source sample rate to the "correct" sample rate (this will make it look like your "converting" from 48k to 48k (for instance) which may seem counterintuitive. In reality all you really are doing is changing the sample rate tag on the audio files, so you definitely don't want any resampling to happen.
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support