Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2002, 11:19 PM

Default Panning problem

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hi all,

My panning isn't working...everything is mono and I can't seems to change it...any thoughts on what is going on? I hope I just "have the lens cap on or something".

Thanks,
rainy
Old 06-03-2002, 12:16 AM

Default Re: Panning problem

Do you have the mono button engaged on your mixer or digi device? Are you in a mono (safe) solo mode on your console?

Have you checked your I/O setup to make sure that your assigned outputs aren't mono?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-03-2002, 11:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Still isn't working. I tried those things you suggested and then no luck..I was on the phone with Digi and they didn't know what's going on...I guess I can try the old reinstallation of the software.

Thanks again.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:26 PM

Create a Master fader for the outputs you're using (probably 1 & 2) and solo a track... pan it left, then right and see if the meter on the master fader follows.

If you plug in a pair of headphones to your 001 does it have the same problem?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-04-2002, 10:29 AM

god dam rail your on the ball on this one thumbs up by the way do you clock your dat
if you use one whit a exteral clock or just leave it alone im thinking of useing a rosetta to clock my dat on a mix down
Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 PM

ok, first id like to say hello to all. I am having a similar issue. i am running pro tools 8 on an imac. I CANT HEAR ANY SOUND WHEN PANNED HARD RIGHT, BUT WHEN I PAN HRD LEFT I HEAR SOUND FROM BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT SPEAKERS. ALSO, I CAN SEE A VIVID RIGHT SIGNAL ON MASTER TRACK, BUT NO SOUND ACCOMODATES THE SIGNAL. i have an avid mbox interface, and the mono button on interface is turned off.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! THANX
Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycutnut1 View Post
ok, first id like to say hello to all. I am having a similar issue. i am running pro tools 8 on an imac. I CANT HEAR ANY SOUND WHEN PANNED HARD RIGHT, BUT WHEN I PAN HRD LEFT I HEAR SOUND FROM BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT SPEAKERS. ALSO, I CAN SEE A VIVID RIGHT SIGNAL ON MASTER TRACK, BUT NO SOUND ACCOMODATES THE SIGNAL. i have an avid mbox interface, and the mono button on interface is turned off.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!! THANX
Welcome to the DUC. Now please pay attention to some of the rules and details here. As it says in the top part of every DUC page: Please post your message once only to the correct forum. Next thing to remember is, start your own thread with your own problem. Thread hijacking doesn't get you good answers, and just confuses the original thread. Please go read the replies to your other post(and maybe come remove this one by clicking on the EDIT button and then finding the delete post button). Oh, and please DON'T USE CAPS LOCK. Its geek-speak for yelling and is just plain annoying to look at

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave