Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Hey digi...Your software is freaking unusable!

Maaaannnn... Normally, after reading a few of those snotty words, I'd be bailing on this soap opera thread but it just fascinates me that people in this group are so willing to help a guy out, especially after he disses the first few guys that jump in. Helping someone in need is great, but holding his hand while he rants and raves shows an amazing amount of patience and restraint.

Maybe he'll learn something here (or buy a PC).
Happy New Year, all.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:14 PM

Hey we are all about the love in here...

BTW newdawg, Can you get them to turn down the music at Tlaqupaque, its bleeding into my studio mics

1.25 Alu/1.5 ram/10.3.4
PTLE 6.4-002R-Live-Reason
Old 01-01-2004, 06:42 PM

I haven't read all the previous posts so I can't comment to much on what has been said but thought I would drop my frustration here. Here's my problem. After upgrading to 6.2.2 LE which was a while ago I am now in the world of "unexpected quits" occuring before launch of PT. I've tried all possible remedies. De-Install/Repair Permissions/ Repair Disk/ Reinstall ProTools/ removed .dbb files (these are completly gone seeing that PT will not even launch to create new ones) I usually can always get an application running again fairly quick but this one is killling me. I have a hard time understandng how application can be extremely stable for a period of time and then just "die" where an reinstall will not remedy it. Any other thoughts are always appreciated!

NM

PowerBook G4 (aluminum) 1GHZ 768 Ram
60 gb FW-800
Panther 10.3.2
ProTools 6.2.2. (well not really!)
Old 01-01-2004, 07:10 PM

Hey guys...I'm the original poster/bitcher...I've re-read all of my crap and once again I'm really sorry....Not to make an excuse but it was total frustration....I really appreciate all of your patience and help...Once again sorry....

Peace!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:25 AM

Se liga aê Chupa"caca"bra...
There's nothing wrong with your G4 and your Pro Tools software. I bet the problem is the 10.2.8 OSX.
Try Downgrade to 10.2.6 or go Panther.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:09 AM

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with your G4 and your Pro Tools software. I bet the problem is the 10.2.8 OSX.
Try Downgrade to 10.2.6 or go Panther.

This is quite true. Search over at apple about "unexpected quits" and Panther. My problem is that I am completely unable to launch ProTools. I have to assume that somebody else has had this problem. This setup is for my personal use only...everything else is running 10.2.8 and works great. Panther is a great step forward and has some wonderful features but hard to work when I can't launch an app. If anybody has some suggestions for me let me know. Check my earlier post!

NM
Old 01-02-2004, 07:22 AM

No worries El ca ca, you took the flaming well, and are forgiven, jsut don't let it happen again!!!!!!
(just kindding dude!!)

It's posts like this that remind us all that the latest and greatest often comes with a price. We are STILL running OS9.2.2 and STILL using PTle 5.2.1. WHy? Because it works, day after day, without probolems. Plenty high track and plugin counts, ease of operation, and no having to explain to the client why the computer won't do what they want me to do with it.

It's important ot us that our gear works without excuses, and our clients notice this. Often we hear comments on how they went to this studio ro that studio and spent half a day wasted because the comuter had problems. Hey gear breaks, but if it's not broken, just not cooperating, that's an entirely different story.

While I am anxious to move to X/Panther, I'm in no hurry to upgrade Protools just yet. Whiel ti seems from many on the DUC that Panther is running well with PT6, performance specs aren't that much better than we are already getting, so the old, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule comes heavily into play.

Caca, good luck, and keep us posted of your progress. Your experience, while unpleasant for you, is a vast knowledge for others to learn from.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:51 AM

I just read this thread and I'm not sure if Elcaca's problems have been solved yet - if not, please reply ONE more time with what remedies you've tried. BE SPECIFIC! I notice that you did not mention trashing Pro Tools Preferences and related prefs files. This could be the problem.

And for the other person posting with problems - it's unlikely you will get an answer by hijacking someones thread. Please repost your problem to it's own thread, give all your system config info (including drives and other peripherals you have connected to your computer), the specific about the remedies you've tried and we'll try to help.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:53 PM

[QUOTE]
I haven't read all the previous posts so I can't comment to much on what has been said but thought I would drop my frustration here. Here's my problem. After upgrading to 6.2.2 LE which was a while ago I am now in the world of "unexpected quits" occuring before launch of PT. I've tried all possible remedies. De-Install/Repair Permissions/ Repair Disk/ Reinstall ProTools/ removed .dbb files (these are completly gone seeing that PT will not even launch to create new ones) reset all setting in open fireware I usually can always get an application running again fairly quick but this one is killling me. I have a hard time understandng how application can be extremely stable for a period of time and then just "die" where an reinstall will not remedy it. Any other thoughts are always appreciated!

Nothing is connected. No drives nothing. Just the MBOX

As for hijacking a thread. I am having a similiar sitiuation as the orginial poster so I thought I would drop my problems in. I think we have to maNy redundant threads occuring far to often around here. Search didn't really turn up to much. I am trying to avoid reinstalling Panther but it may be may last resort. I will repost in a new thread to gather up some more responses

NM
Old 01-05-2004, 07:01 PM

are you out of disk space?