Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 PM

Default Lost a Profile 2 shows in a row....

I've got a profile out on tour, and it's died the last 2 nights during the headliner.

Last night I thought it was a snake issue as someone had pulled the backup pair out of the stage rack. Until tonight.

Today we fixed the BNC issues, and soundchecked for over an hour with no issues. And lost it again during the show.

The crash happens twice. the first time the FOH end looses connection to the whole stage rack and we have to reset when the surface asks us to. The 2nd time we lose communication for a second, and then get some inputs back. Not the lead vocal though...

It happened for a 3rd time tonight, while I was in behind the stage rack trying to get things back up, and I noticed the input lights on the channels we were losing were not flashing to show input, which makes me think it's the stage rack causing the issue.

We had to move onto the openers board to carry on the show tonight, and I've since opened the stage rack and reseated the ribbon cables on all the input modules, plus the BNC output module.

Beyond that, I'm at a loss....

We are clocking it to a big ben from FOH, so maybe that's the issue? Too far for the clock signal to run?

The channels that are not outputting are showing level in the surface too.

I'm not sure I can think of any more info to give, but any and all input is gladly received.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Avid

Default Re: Lost a Profile 2 shows in a row....

Hi Iain,

Sorry to hear about this, can you follow the link below to send us your log files and contact info so we can get this resolved for you?

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=34

Thanks,
-Mike