How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2024, 07:41 AM

Default Multiple licenses for my students

Hello,
I want to gift 15 students of mine with 1 month of Pro Tools subscriptions and I'd like to know:
1. If I can get Educational discounts (for the students or for the facility) even if I teach in a private facility (I can prove it by website or private contracts).
2. What's the best way to give these licenses to the students: should I buy all of them from my Avid account? and then, can I send the licenses to their Ilok accounts?
3. Can you confirm if new pro tools licenses are still compatible with previous pro tools software versions and installers?

Hope you can help me understand this licensing mess!
Thank you!
Old 02-06-2024, 09:15 AM
Avid

Default Re: Multiple licenses for my students

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabboh View Post
Hello,
I want to gift 15 students of mine with 1 month of Pro Tools subscriptions and I'd like to know:
1. If I can get Educational discounts (for the students or for the facility) even if I teach in a private facility (I can prove it by website or private contracts).
2. What's the best way to give these licenses to the students: should I buy all of them from my Avid account? and then, can I send the licenses to their Ilok accounts?
3. Can you confirm if new pro tools licenses are still compatible with previous pro tools software versions and installers?

Hope you can help me understand this licensing mess!
Thank you!
Hi Gabboh!
To answer your questions,
1. The Education version Pro Tools Subscription is only available in an annual plan.
2. You can buy 15 separate subscription licenses using your account and lend them your iLok ID. or buy 15 separate subscription license from authorized resellers and send them the redemption code so they can register it on their own accounts and ilok.
3. You can install version 12.6 up to the latest.

Hope this helps!

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-06-2024, 09:36 AM

Would the free Pro Tools Intro work for what you're trying to do?

Here's the comparison chart, scroll down past the dollar amounts to see what's included with each Pro Tools tier.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-06-2024, 10:05 AM

Thank you for your answers!
unfortunately pro tools intro is too limited.
As for the answer given for question #2 I remember I had troubles with multiple licenses on the same ilok id, as they cannot be accessed simultaneously by different pcs on cloud activations... while I can't find any resellers offering 1 month subscriptions.

Really, there are no other ways?
Old 02-06-2024, 11:13 AM

If you plan on gifting students 1mth subscriptions, what is so hard in telling the students to set up their own iLok account before the class and then share the codes on first day?
Old 02-06-2024, 11:26 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabboh View Post
Thank you for your answers!
unfortunately pro tools intro is too limited.
As for the answer given for question #2 I remember I had troubles with multiple licenses on the same ilok id, as they cannot be accessed simultaneously by different pcs on cloud activations... while I can't find any resellers offering 1 month subscriptions.

Really, there are no other ways?
You can ask them to register for the trial which gives them 1 month of Pro Tools Ultimate. They just have to register an Email that have not previously signed up for the trial at https://my.avid.com/get/pro-tools-trial

Have you already tried contacting authorized resellers regarding licenses for institution? You'd be able to purchase multiple license and be able to load the on your student's account. Just need to ccordinate this with authorized resellers like sweetwater, or you can check a reseller near you at https://www.avid.com/find-a-reseller

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 02-06-2024, 11:43 AM

Oh that trial thing could be interesting, I'm also contacting resellers so maybe they could help me with this multiple setup...
thank you!
Old 02-07-2024, 12:44 PM

My 2 cents; use physical iloks and skip the cloud option. Students should also be learning about iLok and ZDT coverage(something the pro's are well aware of).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave