Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Anyone recording a BFD groove able to bounce it...

...to disc? I'm running a dual PowerMac G-5, Protools 7.1, OS 10.4.5, 1500+RAM, 2 hard drives, and Digi 002R. I've recorded some BFD (latest version) grooves for a drummer buddy and just want to burn them to a CD, but I can't even bounce them to disc without getting error 6086 re "your operating system has held off interrupts for too long", blah, blah, blah, try increasing your buffer size and decrease plugin usage. Well, as many other people with the same difficulty have already posted here, I'm running the maximum samples (1024) at 99% and the only plugin I'm using is BFD itself. I've decreased the bit depth to 16 on BFD.
I have noticed a large number of posts regarding this very same error as it relates to both running BFD software and in situations not relating to it. I've tried all the pertinent suggestions in the Digidesign Answerbase to no avail. Does ANYONE out there have an answer to this very frustrating problem. And please don't recommend "try something other than Protools" as that is simply not an option for me right now. I just updated everything I have from computer to OSX to Protools to BFD, etc. Thank you for your suggestions.

Tom
Old 03-26-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Anyone recording a BFD groove able to bounce it...

Good luck to ya!! Ive done EVERYTHING possible and no go. No help from FXpansion either after
multiple Emails for support. They could care less about the issue as long as they have your cash
I for one am going to buy DFH!!. Ive had the software for 6 months now and it wont work
on my system. Ill never recommend it and thats for sure. Sounds great but cant use it in 7
or 6.9 They think Im just bitchy, oh thats right my product doesnt work as advertised
on the box and 300 out of my pocket. Again, good luck to you in your pursuit. Get the 1.5.0.39
update off their site. it may help, then agian it may not. Hey FXpanison, call my you have my number!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Anyone recording a BFD groove able to bounce it...

OK, I think I solved my problem. After consulting the BFD forum I found out the update I downloaded for 1.0.5.0.39 was not version 2 (RTASv2). It was the first version. You must download v2 to fix error 6086 (eg. "your operating system has held off interrupts for too long..."). It goes on to recommend an increase in buffer sample size. Using RTASv2 has eliminated this error message for me.
For the record, I'm running a Power Mac dual processor G-5, OS 10.4.5, PT 7.1, 1500+RAM, 2 - 40G internal HD's, and a Digi 002R. Working flawlessly so far but I've not experimented with anything like sample size or percent of CPU. I'm currently at 1024 samples and 95% CPU. I'm also running BFD at 16 bit but I'll probably try decreasing sample size and increasing BFD bits. I'll keep ya's informed of any glitches. But so far, so good.