How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2020, 12:46 AM

Default Serious Routing Folder Bug!

I'm experiencing a rather serious routing folder bug that has now manifested itself separately on 3 different sessions. Here's how it begins...

1. After opening a session that previously had no issues, the audio in one or more routing stereo folders has an audible latency of about 10-20ms on one side (at 48kHz).

2. Making all inserts/plugins on the offending routing folder inactive will resolve the latency issue (if this is done during playback PT will crash).

3. Turning them on one by one will make the offending insert/plugin known, however, the insert slot and plugin (type and manufacture) vary from session to session, sometimes being more than one insert/plugin. The only 2 commonalities is that the offending plugin is always multi-mono and only manifests on Routing Folders, and not on Aux's or Audio Tracks.

Several times the bug started before sending the mix out for review to the client, and the client actually liked the sound with the latency added from the bug, causing me to waste lots of time trying to re-create the sound of the bug induced latency, and I've been unable to determine the exact amount of milliseconds latency because trying to re-enable the offending insert/plugin will often result in a crash.