Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 10:43 PM

Default 6045 ruins my first real session

today was the first day of my first serious project with my new digi001 system - i built the box myself, following the recommendations from the forum. i had used the system a lot previous to this session without real problems (i had a few 6045s), but it was the first time i had attempted to record 15 tracks at once (5 piece live band).

we'd get three minutes into a song and i'd get the 6045 error. embarassed, i'd tell the band to hang on a sec. i'd reboot and try again. it happened three times in a row. i finally decided to not record the piano and rhythm guitar live, which changed the track count to 12. after that i was able to get through a five minute song without problems. however, i'm really worried that with longer songs i'm going to run into problems (it's one of those 'jam' bands). we were only able to get one song done tonight due to the errors.

the only recommended solution to the problem on the digi site is to remove a faulty video drive (i've also searched the duc). i don't have any video drives... it's a dedicated audio box. my cpu + system meters are at around 5% and my pci is around 40%. it worries me also that the 6045 error seems to have no explanation or solution.

here are my system specs:

ga-7dx+ mobo
athlon xp 1800+
VGA ATI|XPERT 2000 PRO 32MB TV AGP
2 micron 256mb ddr sticks
maxtor quiet drive 40gb system
maxtor quiet drive 80gb audio
liteon cdr
liteon dvd-rom
windows me
no modem or ethernet or any pci cards besides digi
usb disabled
fully optimized to duc recomendations
buffer at 1024, low latency monitoring enabled

i cant post my irqs since my system is not at home... will post tommorrow though.

i'm not experienced with flashing my bios... would this help? i will also try disabling my serial and parallel ports... do think doing a reinstall of windows and pro tools would help? hurt? could installed plugins be contributing to the problem?

thoughts anyone?

please help me not to look like an schmuck again tommorrow...

thanks... sorry for the long post.

-tim
Old 07-09-2002, 11:23 PM

Default Re: 6045 ruins my first real session

yeah dude, same problems (more or less) same motherboard cpu etc. so far the only think I've come up with is that the motherboard pretty much sucks.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:30 PM

tg,
Have you done a search yet at the top of this page? It's the 'Search the DUC' thing up there. Also, is it a 6045, or a 6042 you're getting?... (I had not heard of 6045, but it may well be). Either way, just make sure to enter the right error. I know there were several threads on 6042 recently.

Sorry I can't suggest more...

~Roy
Old 07-09-2002, 11:46 PM

I've experienced the 6045 error. I've searched literally everywhere looking for a solution. You know what I came up with? Basically a few posts releated to certain beige Macs being deemed non-compatible due to 6045, the cause of which could not be determined and no one has yet found a cure for it.

I experienced it on my Asus P4B266 motherboard. I had installed and ran PTLE 5.1.1 successfully for months on this machine. I'm an upgrade-aholic. I search for new drivers to everything nearly every day. If I find one I install it. I'm most interested in video drivers for my ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon. Until the latest two upgrades for that card the drivers have always been, well... Almost there. Unfortunately I don't remember which driver version caused the 6045 to appear, but I am convinced it was a bad video driver that did it.

I troubleshot the hell out of that problem. Everything short of a clean re-install. Nothing fixed it. IRQ settings, PCI slot positions, driver upgrades/downgrades, PTLE re-install, you name it! Once you got it, you got it. And it ain't goin' away. I was ready to sell my system and get an AMD. Just for the heck of it I loaded an image of my system when it worked. You know what? It worked again! I have never seen that problem since. I know that the latest ATI driver for my video card works and I've deleted the previous driver downloads so I don't ever make the mistake of loading the wrong one again.

What I would suggest is for you to download the most current ATI driver for your video card from www.ati.com and save it somewhere other than your C: drive. Then do a clean install of Windows and load that newly downloaded ATI driver.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 07-10-2002, 12:30 AM

Timmygrimm,
All I can say is do what Quikdraw suggests, because his advice is tried and true. Trust me.

Good luck, Roy
Old 07-10-2002, 10:15 AM

thanks quikdraw - i'll be spending my day messing with it...

it's nice to know that the problem has been solved by some people.

i'm going to buy a datasync today to let my adat handle 8 of the tracks as a temporary fix.

pray for me.

-tim
Old 07-10-2002, 10:28 AM
Avid

Two suggestions which may help reduce the occurance of the DAE -6045 error:

1-Open the Setups>Playback Engine>Other Options window. Switch the Optical Format to "S/PDIF" (This assumes that you are not already using the Optical ports for ADAT Optical transfers)

2-Work with 44.1kHz sessions instead of 48kHz.

Brent
Old 07-10-2002, 10:37 AM

Quote:
the only recommended solution to the problem on the digi site is to remove a faulty video drive (i've also searched the duc). i don't have any video drives... it's a dedicated audio box.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">May be that was supposed to be VIDEO DRIVER
not video drive. What QuickDraw said.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:45 AM

Quote:
May be that was supposed to be VIDEO DRIVER
not video drive. What QuickDraw said.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no on the digi site it is talking about a video drive.

Quote:
Two suggestions which may help reduce the occurance of the DAE -6045 error:

1-Open the Setups>Playback Engine>Other Options window. Switch the Optical Format to "S/PDIF" (This assumes that you are not already using the Optical ports for ADAT Optical transfers)

2-Work with 44.1kHz sessions instead of 48kHz.

Brent
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">well i obviously am using the adat ins if i'm using 15 tracks. it also seems silly that i should have to use 44.1. have you seen my system specs? i can run tons of bombfactory plugs...

besides i already those reccommendations on your site - they were for a beige g3 i believe.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:17 AM

Anybody?
Didn't that BF La-2a plug cause trouble like this before. I just remember something about errors and Bombfactory.

What is the world is a video drive? PTLE 5.1
didn't have video of any kind.