Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM

Default PT 11 Installer Issue

I tried to download and install my free upgrade to Pro Tools 11 this morning and I received an error message stating...

"The following disk images cannot be opened"
Image: Pro_Tools_PT11_Mac_79511.dmg
Reason: No Mountable File System

I have read of this issue in the forums, and understand there is an alternate installer Pro_Tools_PT11_Mac_79652.dmg. Where can I get this installer? It is not in my Pro Tools Account. This is rather frustrating. I have seen other people having success, but no description on how they were able to accomplish it. One of the Avid support people even mentioned the revised installer, but offered no explanation on how to get it. What's the deal?!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:19 AM

Default Re: PT 11 Installer Issue

hey i have the same problem and i carnt log in to ilok using there new manager
Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 AM

ZENNMAN, I too am having the same problem, Pro_Tools_PT11_Mac_79511.dmg, the file is no good [no mountable files error]. From the link you posted is the PT 11 Trail version gonna provide the FREE UPGRADE option? It seemed that with the whole drag an drop install method, for the trial version, I just don't know what that would get over written and don't know what problems that would cause with the ilok license. In the email offering the PT11 free upgrade, Avid has more hoops to jump us through filling out more registration forms and then getting another license from ilok. Ultimately is the link you provided gonna get us there? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by DmXt; 06-22-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: NAME
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Arrow Re: PT 11 Installer Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmXt View Post
is the PT 11 Trail version gonna provide the FREE UPGRADE option?
If it is like the PT 10 Trial version, then yes, any upgrade license you download to your iLok will be recognized and you will not have to install another version to use your free upgrade.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:57 AM

i was able to download and install the software, but the problem is now with the iLok setup. i have the iLok manager and the license shows up in my iLok account. However, I am unable to transfer the license to my iLok. The license shows up at Pro Tools 11 Bundle with no expiration date, but it has a blue flag beside it. I have tried the surrender process, and it goes through like it succeeded. However, the license never transfers to my iLok dongle. Does anyone know how to get this taken care of? I have a trial license for now, but 30 days goes fast if you know what I mean.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:12 PM

I am having the same issue. downloading the 2.3g dmg file.. I hope I dont have a ilok issue.....if I get through with no problems, I will post on what I did... good luck
Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 PM

I have the same issues with the download for Mac. "No mountable File Systems" when I try to run the .dmg. Also have issues with iLok. My PT 10 License is "surrendered", but My PT 11 licenses will not activate! Any answers?
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM

Been on hold for almost a hour! I won't upgrade until they work this out... Got music to work on
Old 06-22-2013, 01:48 PM

I've got the same issue here (but no "blue flag")...

Only diff is that I can't even get the "trial" asset to DL to my iLok??

I've tried drag & drop from the iLM, tried starting up PT11 & activating it through their "walk-thru" process, even tried the "show details" iLM method... All 3 methods show "successful activation", but no asset shows up on the iLok2....
... when I start up PT11 I get a "S/W cannot be run b/c the activation experience thinks the auth was found, but the wrapper could not verify it" error message... Hmmm?????

Fortunately, this is plain old PT11 & is going on our "B" rig, so the TDM rig is still chuggin' along...

Filled out an iLok support ticket... guess we're all "a-waitin'" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorgan223 View Post
i was able to download and install the software, but the problem is now with the iLok setup. i have the iLok manager and the license shows up in my iLok account. However, I am unable to transfer the license to my iLok. The license shows up at Pro Tools 11 Bundle with no expiration date, but it has a blue flag beside it. I have tried the surrender process, and it goes through like it succeeded. However, the license never transfers to my iLok dongle. Does anyone know how to get this taken care of? I have a trial license for now, but 30 days goes fast if you know what I mean.

MacPro 7,1; 16 core OSX 13.5.2
PT 2023.9; Eucon 2023.6
Dock/S1/2x iPad