Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Default Plug-ins won't work in Audio Suite

I'm running 7.4 with CS10 update and none of my plug ins are working in audio suite. Even basic stuff like invert, normalize, reverse, time expansion compression are not doing a thing. It previews fine and when I hit process it looks like it is calculating something but there is no change in sound or the selected file. It is very frustrating. I am going to read up to see if I have something set incorrectly, but if anyone has encountered this, your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Plug-ins won't work in Audio Suite

Ok I just answered my own dumb question. I needed to click the use in play-list button. I guess as long as I have been using pro tools it has been on. Reading through the plug-ins guide I am finding out I can do a lot more with the audio suite plugs than I thought. I am still not sure of the applications of all of the options but I realize there are more options than I was aware of.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Plug-ins won't work in Audio Suite

Good on ya for finding the solution. I'll suggest 2 uses for Audiosuite. I use the GAIN plugin a lot to even out vocal tracks(boost bits that are too soft or tame bits that are too loud). By evening out the levels, the vocal drives the compressor plugin(s) on a more even level, which makes for a smoother fit in the mix(with less automation volume changes). #2, use an Audiosuite EQ to notch squeaks on acoustic tracks or to tame sibilance on a vocal track(sometimes this makes more sense than using a de-esser plugin).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave