Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2024, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Upcoming Price Adjustments

So as an Ultimate user with a Perpetual plan, which has been $399/yr for the past many years, I'm going to see an increase to $499/yr?

But I can buy the license now at the current $399 price and use that code when my plan expires in November? And Avid isn't going to say "sorry but your code isn't sufficient for the current renewal requirements."

Do I have all of that correct?
Old 04-10-2024, 10:35 AM

I think we also need to clarify that it must be purchased via a 3rd-party dealer - not directly from Avid.
It certainly used to be the case that a license purchased from Avid would be activated immediately, but one from a dealer could be activated at any time in the future.
The 3rd-party way, the user can wait to activate until they consider some actual useful feature has appeared in an update, instead of wasting money on not-quite-fixed-bug-fixes (all bug fixes should be free) and ill-conceived add-ons such as Sketch, and the ridiculous Memory Locations changes.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 04-10-2024 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:04 AM

told ya it was complicated,
it's not very Logical,
speaking of Logic, their pricing is very simple & is same for everyone
one time fee of $199, no price increases, no subscriptions, free plug-ins

i do use both DAW's
Old 04-10-2024, 11:16 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclee View Post
told ya it was complicated,
it's not very Logical,
speaking of Logic, their pricing is very simple & is same for everyone
one time fee of $199, no price increases, no subscriptions, free plug-ins

i do use both DAW's
Um thats not why I asked Charles to help..... I have many many years on the Media Composer side and want to make sure you get the right answers after all.

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 04-10-2024, 11:22 AM

thx Marianna, was just replying to another post,

appreciate the help
Old 04-10-2024, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
I think we also need to clarify that it must be purchased via a 3rd-party dealer - not directly from Avid.
It certainly used to be the case that a license purchased from Avid would be activated immediately, but one from a dealer could be activated at any time in the future.
The 3rd-party way, the user can wait to activate until they consider some actual useful feature has appeared in an update, instead of wasting money on not-quite-fixed-bug-fixes (all bug fixes should be free) and ill-conceived add-ons such as Sketch, and the ridiculous Memory Locations changes.
Yes, another important and necessary clarification.

I'm hearing from one of the retailers that they can sell the renewal now and that it can be applied when your account renews. They seem confident about this. I'd still prefer some sort of confirmation from Avid.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
So as an Ultimate user with a Perpetual plan, which has been $399/yr for the past many years, I'm going to see an increase to $499/yr?

But I can buy the license now at the current $399 price and use that code when my plan expires in November? And Avid isn't going to say "sorry but your code isn't sufficient for the current renewal requirements."

I can tell you this. My Ultimate sub expires in Nov 2024 like yours. Last week, to keep the $399 rate, I renewed it from my account the same exact way I do every year and now my account shows my subscription expiring in April 2025 instead of Nov of 2025. That's not the way it's supposed to work from what I've heard, but here I am. I created a support case and all I've heard from them is that they're working on it. I don't doubt they'll make it right, it's just pretty frustrating that it hasn't happened yet.
Old 04-10-2024, 11:40 AM
Avid

Quote:

Hi Eric,

You should be able to renew your PT Ultimate perpetual plan in advance for $399 before the price adjustment take effect.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://avidtech.my.site.com/avidsup...t-support-page
Old 04-10-2024, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi Eric,

You should be able to renew your PT Ultimate perpetual plan in advance for $399 before the price adjustment take effect.
Thanks Charles. Do I need to hold onto that code until my account renews?

I read above that one user applied his renewal well before its renewal date and this reset his expiration date to one year from now instead of adding the additional months as it should have.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks Charles. Do I need to hold onto that code until my account renews?

I read above that one user applied his renewal well before its renewal date and this reset his expiration date to one year from now instead of adding the additional months as it should have.
I won’t take the risk, and only use it when your plan is about to enter its grace period. On a side note, there’s no reinstatement fee anymore. Though I downloaded that sonic drop shizzle I didn’t really use it, I have a heat perpetual license and I never touch that avid pro plugins bundled with the support plan. So , why not just using pro tools ultimate perpetually and only inserting the annual support code once an update is significant enough to jump on the AUP. That’s the way I’ve been treating the WUP for years.