How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2001, 11:36 AM

Default Session Cutter

Hi

Is anyone using this? How do you like it? Does it read AVID edls? - I'm looking for something that will auto conform an existing session to an edl. In other words making change notes happen then showing me where it made changes so I can smooth or ignore them...

thanks

scott
Old 01-26-2001, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Session Cutter

Hi Scott
It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I've got it, and I can't honestly figure out what the advantage is over just making the changes in your session with Avid change notes. However, rebalances are MUCH easier. But only in time code? No feet and frames? I thought it was designed for use in film....

------------------
Joe Milner
Puget Sound
Los Angeles

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook
Old 01-26-2001, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JKD99:
Hi Scott
It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I've got it, and I can't honestly figure out what the advantage is over just making the changes in your session with Avid change notes. However, rebalances are MUCH easier. But only in time code? No feet and frames? I thought it was designed for use in film....

Thank You Joe. Most appreciated. Do you know of anything OUT THERE? that will do this?

scott

Old 01-28-2001, 04:24 AM

try titan from www.synchroarts.co.uk. Full edl conform and flash conform from SD II media.
Old 01-28-2001, 10:19 AM

thank you OB - I will check them out asap.
Old 02-02-2001, 06:25 PM

Hello obelointment,

Do you use Titan. Could U give us a quick assessement. Especially for re-conforming regions (and hopefully) automation too...

TIA
Old 02-02-2001, 09:02 PM

Mix

I am testing Titan now. I will post back. The Titan folks are super responsive. We are in the middle of a gigantic conform/re-balance and the re-balance really chokes it all. we have to be ready by Monday. I haven't had luck YET - but as soon as i have time I will back test this on a version BEFORE re-balance.
Conclusion: nada yet. Looks promising.

they have a working demo you can download.
scott