Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2001, 02:38 PM

Default TRacks

It has come to this. I cannot afford any of the WAVES products (they suck lots of processing anyway). I also cannot afford Mastering fees.

So, I may check out TRacks. Is anyone using it?
I assume you just load up the .wav file to it, process, save, then burn on CD?

ufo
Old 08-30-2001, 05:43 PM

Default Re: TRacks

I love t-racks. It's not a plug in. But it's intended as a final treatment although you can use it for so much more. It will take your 16 or 24 bit wave files and dither it for your CD or other master. I use it to treat acoustic drums and then insert back into protools. Best of all it's simple to use and has a lot of great presets.
Old 08-30-2001, 06:29 PM

i use it. Like the previous reply, i find you can use it for much more than mastering. The presets are also pretty incredible
Old 08-30-2001, 06:40 PM

I guess this is a silly question..but, since t-racks is a seperate app, how do I monitor what it is doing? Thus far, I monitor everything through the 001.

ufo
Old 08-30-2001, 09:05 PM

You can hear it through your Digi001, at least I do..
Old 08-30-2001, 11:10 PM

If you need to monitor through the digi, you should be able to. If you have 2 sound cards in your computer (ex: sblive and digi), it might use the reg sound card by default. Most applications have preferences to choose which sound card you want. I don't have T racks, but I use cool edit to do some cleanup after I'm done mixing. Works the same way.

Has anyone used both wavs and t racks? I have Wavs and it's great but a lot of people use t racks so I'm wondering if I should switch.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: executivos ]
Old 08-31-2001, 12:27 AM

I've used T-racks quite a bit, and found myself using it to 'pre-master' (no limiting) and still using soundforge with the waves L1. I've never heard anything yet that's even close to the L1. I did really like the way T-racks' EQ and Compression worked though. The dithering is good too. I really don't like mastering in Pro tools. If you ask me, DIGI needs to make a two track version of Pro tools that is basically a super rip-off of the SoundForge/CD Architect setup. I think that would sell so fast, and set a new standard for mastering. I love the way those programs work.