Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 06:20 PM

Default How to import a movie with audio synced up

I am doing a TV commercial. They gave me a ruff of the footage. There is Flash with a sine tone that is beat one. there is a little darkness before it. I need to get rid of the darkness so it starts at the flash and the sine tone. The only way I found to match up the flash is by the "Set Movie Sync Offset". This worked. But there is no audio. I tried import current audio. It does sync with the movie when i change the offset. So when I offset the movie to land with the flash n beat one the audio is behind unless I cut and move it. I can do it by editing it but It won't be 100% the way it was sent to me

Is there a way to have the movie and audio together with the visual track. also the offsets numbers. are these frames. ex. offset of +40. is this 40 frames earlier?

also is there a way in protools to clip the movie instead of offsetting it?

thanks
Old 09-06-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: How to import a movie with audio synced up

What I mean by clipping the movie is I want to be able to cut 2 frames if I need to. Is there away to clip frame by frame in Protools or do I have to use imovie
thanks
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: How to import a movie with audio synced up

Cut the 2 frames in imovie or QTPro, you can't do it in ProTools.

You are using sync offset for the wrong reason. It's supposed to be used to adjust for video latency. It's measured in quarter frames so 40 = 10 frames. If you're looking at the movie on your computer monitor it should stay set to zero.

hope this helps . . .

jim