Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 12:20 AM

Default ah crap...computer locking up on pro tools exit

hmm...don't really know what the problem is. Everything works nice and fluent while actually in the program, but once i open a session and try to close it my computer locks up. The same thing happens when i try to totally shut pro tools down. I have absolutely nothing running in the background and no IRQ conflicts. I am stumped as to what the problem could be. But its annoying having to re-start the computer every time i wanna change sessions

any suggestions?
Old 09-15-2001, 12:32 AM

Default Re: ah crap...computer locking up on pro tools exit

Moe,
Mine's doing the same thing. I think my problem begins when my main drive starts getting too crowded.
So, this is not a complete solution.

BUT, for now, have you tried the old Ctl./Alt./Delete and just quitting ProTools?
If that window will open for you, it will keep you from having to totally reboot every time.

Roy
Old 09-15-2001, 11:15 AM

i'm gonna go into my main drive and try clearing a few things out. If it works, i'll let you know

thing is, when i ctrl+alt+dlt, when i try opening pro tools back up it just keeps trying to load DAE. Basically, it locks up going out of the program, and then back in.
Old 09-15-2001, 02:35 PM

That IS weird. Sometimes it will allow you to load a session with Audio tracks, Plug Ins, CPU eaters right and left. But, then it doesn't want you to leave, and/or gives you problems when you try to reopen.

I hate to say it, but once it's reopened, maybe try lightening it's load (take out a plug-in or two if that's the case).

That's what I've had to do. There are usually alternatives to achieve the same little aspects of your session.

Roy
Old 09-16-2001, 12:33 AM

update: it doesn't lock up on any other session than the one i experienced this with. Interesting...hmm