Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2022, 02:04 AM

Default can anyone share a step by set guide to set up Avid Control on iPad & Mac?

Hello,

Can anyone share a simple step by step method and links to actual software to get just the "AVID control iOS app" up and running with any DAW on the Mac platform?
Old 11-06-2022, 05:56 AM

Default Re: can anyone share a step by set guide to set up Avid Control on iPad & Mac?

Start here

https://www.avid.com/products/avid-c...rn-and-support
Old 11-06-2022, 04:48 PM

Default Re: can anyone share a step by set guide to set up Avid Control on iPad & Mac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
If you can't answer with two lines (explaining where the exact driver is) and instruction to set up AVID control IOS and Pro Tools Studio native running on a iMac then I don't know how you thought that link full of marketing garble to out dated OSX products and drivers, no clear indication of a solution, driver, instructions to get the newest 2022 AVOD Control running on a iMac with Catalina or m1 silicon platform if possible...

No offence of course..

So does Anyone else have flat out answers instead of links with tweed drivers and vague info?

Or does it simply not work?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2022, 09:55 PM

You're asking for too much. Not enough info or effort to help yourself to want to try helping.

Two lines?

I installed the iPad app once. It was working in minutes for me. Just try, I'd say.

HD Native? If your work is important, reach out to support to get set up.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 11-07-2022, 06:52 AM

First of all, based on other threads you’ve chimed in on, you’re running Mac OS Ventura. As stated in those threads, NOTHING from Avid is supported on Ventura at this point. You’re on your own there if something doesn’t work.

Secondly, your attitude and gratitude are piss poor. Learn to be appreciative for anyone helping you instead of being argumentative and insulting. You clearly didn’t even bother reading any of the material provided in that link.
Your post was viewed by 123 people and only two replied. Maybe that should tell you something. Good luck to you.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:36 AM
Avid

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ontrol-Support
Old 12-30-2022, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
First of all, based on other threads you’ve chimed in on, you’re running Mac OS Ventura. As stated in those threads, NOTHING from Avid is supported on Ventura at this point. You’re on your own there if something doesn’t work.

Secondly, your attitude and gratitude are piss poor. Learn to be appreciative for anyone helping you instead of being argumentative and insulting. You clearly didn’t even bother reading any of the material provided in that link.
Your post was viewed by 123 people and only two replied. Maybe that should tell you something. Good luck to you.
Google up the word hypocrisy cause you just exposed yourself.
your arrogance defending an notoriously arrogant toward customer company only proves people need to crush scammers who go to endless lengths to lie and deceive the public cause they where brainwashed and trained to believe lying and deceiving means the public is naive..

This app never worked or intended to work, no one is asking too much by requesting a step by step guide...

So what exactly is it for if it's not as advertised ??? malware? lol
Old 12-31-2022, 03:54 PM

I will say that as a Pro Tools user for a number of years now and on my way to getting certified: The manuals and instructions provided by Avid to set things up are kind've crappy and leave out a lot of non-obvious detail.

I mean there is no two-line way of getting anything running, but Avid does not seem to spend a lot of resources helping beginners.

You kind've need to watch a lot of youtube videos and post questions here. If you ask nicely, people here will help you a lot for free.
Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop PC, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H, Nvidia GTX 1650Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2), 1TB SSD external work drive, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Pro Tools 2022.9, Avid Control w/Apple iPad, Avid Dock Control Surface, Avid S1.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:12 PM

p.s. The Avid reference guide is awesome, but way too much for simple things. I mean all the info is there, but sometimes doing something simple is harder than it should be.

Again, my thanks to people here being very helpful.
Lenovo Legion 5 Laptop PC, Intel Hexa-Core i7-10750H, Nvidia GTX 1650Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Enterprise (20H2), 1TB SSD external work drive, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Pro Tools 2022.9, Avid Control w/Apple iPad, Avid Dock Control Surface, Avid S1.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:47 PM

I'll repeat and clarify.

I already had Pro Tools running properly.

I already had an iPad.

I downloaded the Control app.

In minutes I was controlling things in PT with the iPad.

Step 1: (un)Plug, and;
Step 2: Play.

The manual is precise documentation, but not a tutorial or lesson. I went to school for a whole year to learn Pro Tools basics.
It's not supposed to be instantaneous, a list of "here just do this ONE step"
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //