Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 10:44 PM

Default SampleTank

Has anyone had any success in loading SampleTank as a direct connect in PTF?
Old 07-20-2002, 10:08 AM

Default Re: SampleTank

The latest version of SampleTank run on RTAS format!
Old 07-20-2002, 04:37 PM

It works for me with protools free, except you have to create a 24bits session : in 16 bits, you get a strange digital distortion that sounds like bit conversion.

As specified in the pdf manual, I put sampletank on an aux stereo track (first insert) ; I download some drums samples on the sampletank.com site : the sounds that come with the plugin download are not working with the free version ; and then I choose the drums sample and after creating a midi track, the name of the sound you choose appear in the midi track input so you can select it...

if anyone has success with a 16 bit session, tell me because I would rather work in that format...
Old 07-20-2002, 06:00 PM

Thanks for the fast response to my question. I can't seem to get SampleTank to run. I down loaded the Tokyo synth and was able to run it just fine in direct connect but SampleTank doesn't have an application program that I can find to set up the audio drivers. I have G3 Imac with a GIg of Ram. Any suggestions? Am I missing something here?
Old 07-21-2002, 03:50 PM

Hey Bejupro,
Are you talking about the DigiRack pdf? The IkMultimedia folder is in the vst plugin folder under DAE on my iMac. I created an AUX channel and a midi channel . Where did you find the info in the pdf? Did you use the I/O buss as an insert for routing? I can find no SampleTank on my list of plugins to load into an insert. I see the compressors and Tokyo and all the rest just no SampleTank. Could you walk me through this? I can't tell if it is me, the computer or the software. This really should be so simple but I'm not seeing it. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:23 AM

sampletank is not a standalone application connected via directeconnect like Tokyo, it's a regular plugin that the installer put into the plug-ins folder.
So after the installation, sampletank will appear in the plugins list and you'll have first to insert it like a plugin before using it...
Old 07-24-2002, 03:29 PM

1 - Are you sure you downloaded the rtas version of sampletank free ?
2- there's no vst plugin folder in the DAE folder, but only one named 'Plug-Ins'. during the install, the sampletank plug should be automaticaly put there...
3 - I'm talking of the pdf that comes with the sampletank free download (www.sampletank.com)
4 - if everthing is ok, it should appear in the plugin list, trust me...
good luck...

Actually, it seems to work with the 16 bits protools sessions as well, forget about my previous message...
Old 07-30-2002, 12:37 AM

I purchased SampleTank and the disk was shipped incomplete. That was the problem. Once I got a hold of the rep the fix was sent to me by email. It all works fine. Again thanks for all your help.
dosuna11