Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2006, 10:50 PM

Default New Stuff at AES

Hello. Well here's the NEW part as far as Digidesign. 7.3. A nice guy let me peruse through their internal 'What's New in 7.3' document. As far as HD goes, there's a couple of interesting things. A new RTAS engine which will NOT stop playback or record when a buffer error occurs, a secondary Timecode timeline, a 'micro' size audio track (smaller than mini), continously resizable audio tracks (the user sets the size by dragging up and down), support for the Sync HD interface, new Zoom Toggle defaults and capabilities, Window Configuration memory settings similar to the Markers window but dealing with the Mix and Edit windows, a default Click track, looping capabilities without stopping playback, a Loop Trimmer tool, creating and copying sends, auxes, plug ins dragging and copying, etc ALL WITHOUT stopping playback, Export MIDI improvements, Export to Sibelius command.

I think that's about it for 7.3, maybe a couple of things I don't recall at the moment. Sync HD is scheduled for some time before the end of the year, but will probably not include Tri Level sync; that will be added by a firmware update later on next year. 7.3 will probably be for sometime in mid to late November. It may require an upgrade path for 7.2 owners, probably not though.

LE 7.3 will also come along and sort of catch up. However no multiple video tracks for LE, or simple video editing, or VCA tracks, or Volume Trim automation timeline on the Edit window. As far as I could tell a lot of the really fantastic part of 7.2 for TDM did not make it to LE 7.3. Bummer.

M Powered gets a fantastic new toy in the NRV10. You guys remember the Mackie ONYX Firewire mixers? Same deal here. An M Audio analog mixer works as the hardware I/O for Pro Tools M Powered. 8 X 2 mixer, 24/96 AD DA, 4 mono mic pres, 1 stereo. It includes a real cool effects send and return capability which does VST plug ins. About $900 beans MSRP, I would imagine $750 or smackers on the street. It's an outboard mixer, it's I/O, it is NOT a controller. Very cool though.

Nothing written in stone, all subject to change, etc, etc.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:22 AM

Default Re: New Stuff at AES

You were in SF? So was I!

7.3 has some other features in the works that you didn't mention as well. I can't wait, as most are catered towards the music creation aspect of things.

Also, Velvet just simply kicks butt. My god, it's the most musical and playable virtual instrument I've ever used.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 AM

Hello. What else is there that you feel I didn't mention? I read the entire 7.3 document and I think I hit just about everything here. I am just curious to see what other information you have.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:04 AM

"Open Recent" submenu under the "File" menu, a key signature timeline track (that will automatically transpose MIDI to the timeline too), window screensets... that's all I can remember offhand.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 AM

Hello. Oh yes I forgot about two of those, the Window screenset I mentioned already (Window Configuration)
Old 10-10-2006, 03:04 PM

Guys, any info on M-Audio's lightbridge, I need a new interface & that could do it.
Someone mentionned it was showcased at AES or Digiworld...
Old 10-10-2006, 03:16 PM

Hello. What sort of information were you looking for? I did not see it, but I was not looking for it nor did I ask about it, so they probably did have it there and I just didn't see it. For what it's worth, Digidesign said from day one that Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M Powered will still be restricted to 18 I/O, regardless of the capabilities of the Lightbridge for more.

What information did you need? Have you tried calling Digidesign's Customer Service on the phone?
Old 10-10-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Hello. What sort of information were you looking for? I did not see it, but I was not looking for it nor did I ask about it, so they probably did have it there and I just didn't see it. For what it's worth, Digidesign said from day one that Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M Powered will still be restricted to 18 I/O, regardless of the capabilities of the Lightbridge for more.

What information did you need? Have you tried calling Digidesign's Customer Service on the phone?
Well, we all know about LE/MP limitations...
My main 2 questions are, will it allow for 18 I/O at 96khz or only 44/48k?
Clocking is also important. If you've followed the threads on the new Mbox, you know about its clocking limitations.
If the new lightbridge allows for internal or external clocking for 18 ins at 96khz,
thats a pretty potent little box with more I/O than a 96...

What about LE 7.3, any eta?

Thanks,
Old 10-11-2006, 03:27 AM

Hello. I would check with M Audio customer service or Digidesign customer service for those details. Pro Tools 7.3 is scheduled to be released sometime in November, subject to change.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:25 AM

Hello. Well I mentioned it a month ago about the M Audio mixer and here it is. Check it out.

NRV-10 Firewire Mixer