Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM

Default PT9HD and Redline Reverb

Has anybody encountered this bug? When you open a session from an older version of PT and Reline Reverb(in my case PT7.3HD and RR 1.0.1) with PT9HD and RR 1.0.4 the settings go all wonky. The mix is set at 100% and gain is up at 0db. This makes it very difficult to reset a mix to where it was last time you opened it 2 years prior. Every instance used was saved as a preset and recalling them doesn't change anything.

I've tried contacting 112db support(no response), and even tried posting in their support forum(which kept giving me errors so I couldn't post!).
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 PM

Default Re: PT9HD and Redline Reverb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylab001 View Post
Has anybody encountered this bug? When you open a session from an older version of PT and Reline Reverb(in my case PT7.3HD and RR 1.0.1) with PT9HD and RR 1.0.4 the settings go all wonky. The mix is set at 100% and gain is up at 0db. This makes it very difficult to reset a mix to where it was last time you opened it 2 years prior. Every instance used was saved as a preset and recalling them doesn't change anything.

I've tried contacting 112db support(no response), and even tried posting in their support forum(which kept giving me errors so I couldn't post!).
Sadly, the lead, (only) programmer and designer for 112db passed away some time back, (6+ months). They're still selling plugs but there is no support for them.

That being said, I'm using PT9HD 9.0.3 and have RR1.0.4 installed and just gave it a run through.. works just fine. Could your presets have gotten corrupted?
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Default Re: PT9HD and Redline Reverb

Oh that is sad. I was not aware of that.

Well I do hope they find a new programmer, I like redline, but I was a little worried going in since things like this do happen at smaller companies. I have found that if I go back into PT7.3 then I can just write down the setting of redlines mix and gain knobs, and then when I re-open in PT9 i have to set it and save it, close the session and upon re-opening everything is fine. On new sessions in PT9 it is fine, the issue only occurs when opening an older session.

After more internet research I have found others with the same issue on PT8/9.

I have a fresh install of PT9 and my OSX and everything else so far is smooth. I hope they get it sorted, I will not like to have to manually do this every time I'm called to open an older session I've mixed, but oh well, could be worse I suppose.