Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2006, 10:11 PM

Default -5000

I've made a switch and an upgrade - from Mbox on a PC to Mbox2 on a Mac Mini. Unfortunately I've been jacking around with this for quite a while and I'm having all kinds of dumb problems although a lot of it is, admittedly, due to my unfamiliarity with the Mac system.
Anyhoo, I've got a buttload of sessions that I had started working with on my old system that I want to continue working on with the new system. But for some reason PT won't let me save within these folders. The error I get says something like, "unable to grant access privileges (-5000) for ___" and then it lists some long name that looks like a fade filename. I had one particular session I was trying this with and I tried several times to save it and each time I got the same message with a different filename. I'm not sure that session even has any fade files. But the point is that none of my imported sessions will save. I could probably import all the tracks or regions or something into brand new sessions but I've got like a hundred different sessions to work on and that would be a lot of trouble. I'm hoping there's some solution to this. I couldn't find much in the answerbase or in a DUC search.
I have trashed the Digidesign Database folder, as was recommended. Any other ideas?
Thanks.

Mbox 2
Mac Mini
1.25 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: -5000

Are you trying to work with these sessions off a PC formatted drive on the mac??

or are you copying them to a local Mac OS Extended Formatted drive, FROM a PC formatted drive OR CD/DVD???

please explain your process thouroughly, ans we'll be able to help.

Also... what version of PT and OS X are you running ??

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App
Old 02-22-2006, 09:41 PM

The process is as follows:
I burned all of the sessions onto DVD's from the external drive I'd been using with my PC. Then I erased the drive and reformatted it with the Mac, with journaling enabled (I believe I chose the Mac OS Extended option). Then I copied some of the folders from a DVD onto the newly formatted drive, via the Mac and opened them in Pro Tools. Every one of these that I've tried saving to (basic test is move a fader and hit save) gives me the same error message.
Another interesting problem is if I try to record anything within these sessions I get a popup that says "could not allocate space for recording!" Considering that I have 75+ GB available on that drive makes that seem a little weird.
Also, I should point out that I'm only having these problems with the transferred sessions. I can record onto and save new sessions that are on the same drive with no problem.

The Mac Mini has OS 10.4 (Tiger) and I'm running the 6.8.1 version of LE.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:58 PM

Permissions......Permissions...........Permissions

Command-I the folder and set them to read, and write. The DVD burn made the folders read only.

Its a Mac thing.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:36 PM

just to backup DIAFXMX - he is right, that is your solution.

Don't forget to hit the "Apply to enclosed Items" button.

- MacStudio M1
- HDX II Sonnet xMacStudio
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT ULTIMATE
- SONOMA
- ProTools Dock / S1 / Control App