Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Drew, I really like the bass tone you got. Can you share with me your bass chain? Also, how can I pick up your CD?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:27 PM

Location: Holland, MI - Osage Beach, MO - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Quote:
xeetstreet,

Glad you posted your website...I'd been looking for it.

Nice jazz vibe ya got there. I think the drums/cymbals might be a tad hot in a couple of the songs. Good stuff overall tho.

Does that "Homegrown" show do any genre of music?
I have to agree with you on the drum mix comment. The biggest thing I restle with is the level of the drums. And yes all types of music are represented. If you are in the general Missouri area, call 573-348-2772 and ask for Kevin about the Homegrown show. If you are in Central Missouri, it's better because recording the interview in the studio is preferred.

Quote:
Drew, I really like the bass tone you got. Can you share with me your bass chain? Also, how can I pick up your CD?
Ok, here goes. Typically, when I record bass I go direct from the bass to the BlueTube Pre into the 001. On the bass (a 4-string Music Man Stingray), the EQ is completely flat and there is a sock tied around the strings to muffle stray notes. In Pro Tools, I set up a EQ II Hi-Pass at 45-50Hz, BF76 at 1:4, and then sometimes a URS N12 to emphasize lower frequencies.

If you really want the physically tiny (80mm) Xeet Street Band CD, paypal $5.00 with your address to [email protected]. However, all of the songs on the CD are available for free on my website at: www.sentineldesign.net/xsb/ I hate the way mp3's sound, but sometimes they're just cheaper. It's up to you!
Old 03-16-2004, 09:07 PM

Hey friends, havent been to this thread in a while, here is my latest tune if you are interested:

Congestion

The name of the song is Congestion.

Thanks,
=-Ben
Old 03-16-2004, 10:56 PM

Captain,
I'm enjoying "Congestion" alot. Cool song, the end reminds me alot of early NIN stuff. I'd like to hear more of the stuff you've done. What are you micing the voice with?
thanks!
ev
Old 03-16-2004, 11:08 PM

Guys,
Sorry for double posting this. I made a post on the main section about the Eventide. Man this thing is so freakin cool! Cannot wait to really start messing with it! Anyways, posting here, just in case Roy misses it. Spoke to him the other day, and told him I would send this to him. So fired up how the mix was brought out by it, that I wanted to post it. Not a final mix, and the vocals are going to be redone. This was again posted awhile back, but I did not have vocals. Here is the rough with some pretty nice verbs. EVENTIDE ROCKS!

OUT OF AIR ROUGH VOX - WITH EVENTIDE FUN!!!

-DOC

BTW: I think that they have a very "Incubus" meets old "311" feel going....

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 03-16-2004, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the listen nightshade, im actually micing with a Shure KSM27 direct into the 001. I had some problems with that mic at first, but once you learn to work it, its not too bad. I had a female client use it a while back though, and it just didnt work for her at all.. Its wierd how a mic reacts differently with different people.

=-ben
Old 03-17-2004, 02:40 AM

Here is a tune I posted a couple of months ago without the guitar parts.This version has guitar.

http://stutunes.0catch.com/andy/KILLER7.mp3

Stu
Old 03-17-2004, 07:51 AM

Intel- I like it. I think I told you this last time you posted this one, but great job on the drums. Looks like you're going to have to break out the autotune for the singer in some places.

stut5- interesting stuff, I like in a creepy kind of way.
how'd you do the choir at the end?

Pants- cool song, I agree with nightshade, very NINish.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:02 AM

Autotune? EVENTIDE! No, they are going to redo the vocals and nail it. I really dig these guys, and they have it in them. I was just fired up last night getting the EVENTIDE patched in finally. That thing is going to opena lot of ideas!

Thanks, I will post the final 3 songs when they are done!

-Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 03-17-2004, 08:42 AM

Stu, im very pleased to hear Serial Killer. I apologize I havent been able to do anything with it. Screaming wise yet. I still have all the files though, and your demo output you sent me. But it sounds great!

Very nice!

=-Ben