Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2003, 09:43 PM

Default Interesting PT6 behavior

hey, here's a new one (for me at least...)

I'm running an Mbox on a 1ghz TiBook, 1gb RAM / PT6.01 and OS 10.2.6. I have an external 80gb seagate drive in an OWC elite firewire enclosure that I have partitioned into 2 drives (one partition for sessions, the other for my website/design work).

PT6.01 actually runs pretty flawlessly on my machine, no unexpected quits, no crashes - just great stable performance.... except for this one thing: Whenever I start/create a new session and save that session to my Audio drive (1st partition), ProTools does an excellent job of putting all my audio files and fades on that drive, but for some reason, it insists on saving the actual ProTools session file on my other partition! It's so weird - I can totally go and copy the session file back to the Audio drive, and from then on it works great, never again touching or trying to use my Graphics partition, but when I initially create the session, it wants to save it over there!!?

Please note, round robin is not selected, and I have actually designated the second "graphic" partition as a "play only" drive in the workspace browser, but it still saves the PT session file over there every time I create a new session.

Anyone else seen this? It's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to understand why it wants to do this.

Slim
Old 06-09-2003, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Interesting PT6 behavior

el bumparoni with cheeze....