Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 12:15 PM

Default iLok Cloud always being stolen by other computer

I only use iLok Cloud on my macbook. That's always worked pretty well - just sits there waiting for me. However in the past couple of months - likely since I got a new PC - the PC now "steals" the Cloud session every time I power it up even though I never manually open a Cloud session there. So PT is always defaulting to Intro on the Mac.

I can't see a setting for this - any advice as to how to get back to normal behaviour? Thanks.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-11-2024, 06:48 AM

Default Re: iLok Cloud always being stolen by other computer

No ideas, anyone?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-11-2024, 07:57 AM

Many of us prefer to use a physical iLok. The cloud just has too many points of failure(and you found a new one on me)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-11-2024, 08:05 AM

Close the cloud session on the PC and sign out of iLok Manager.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:06 AM

physical USB iLok with USB =C adaptor (link below) would fix it.. this is what I use to go between my iMac and my MBP M1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07CV...65ed0e84f&th=1

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM

Cloud is for the macbook (hate dongles there), physical iLok is for my main desktop rig. (Let's not have this thread endlessly recycle these arguments),

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Close the cloud session on the PC and sign out of iLok Manager.
That's the thing - when fully signed out, it signs itself back in on the PC even without me opening iLok Manager, still less opening a Cloud session with it.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-11-2024, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Cloud is for the macbook (hate dongles there), physical iLok is for my main desktop rig. (Let's not have this thread endlessly recycle these arguments),

That's the thing - when fully signed out, it signs itself back in on the PC even without me opening iLok Manager, still less opening a Cloud session with it.
No argument it's just what I do YMMV

So just guessing but
What about simply taking your PC off line (wifi or ethernet) just before you shut it down, and see if that leaves your MB connected ?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 03-11-2024, 08:28 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I only use iLok Cloud on my macbook. That's always worked pretty well - just sits there waiting for me. However in the past couple of months - likely since I got a new PC - the PC now "steals" the Cloud session every time I power it up even though I never manually open a Cloud session there. So PT is always defaulting to Intro on the Mac.

I can't see a setting for this - any advice as to how to get back to normal behaviour? Thanks.
Hi noiseboyuk,

There's an option to close all iLok cloud session in iLok license manager. You may open the app and go to File > Close all cloud session.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-11-2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
What about simply taking your PC off line (wifi or ethernet) just before you shut it down, and see if that leaves your MB connected ?
I just did some tests and right now it is staying connected even without that step. Not sure, but it could be either PT 2024.3, or an updated iLok manager with the install has fixed it.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 03-11-2024, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi noiseboyuk,

There's an option to close all iLok cloud session in iLok license manager. You may open the app and go to File > Close all cloud session.
It is showing as already closed, but as I just posted above at the moment it is letting the MB stay connected... so I'm speculating there may have been an update in 2024.3 and / or the iLok manager.

Incidentally, I am not signed in in Pro Tools. so it's more likely to be an iLok Manager issue than PT. What is curious is that I rarely run iLok manager. Anyway, I'll see if it happens again over the coming days.

I'm presuming that the logic of it is that you stay connected until you manually close the iCloud session or request to open it from a different location? That's how it always used to work for me, but it's only been stealing the Cloud session for my other rig without telling me in the past couple of months.

Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM