Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2006, 12:04 PM

Default PTLE 6.4 Slow after lots of editing/zooming?????

Hi all,

I'm running PTLE 6.4 CS9 on and AMD 2.4 system with 1.5G of RAM and tons of dedicated drives on XP SP1. My system is bullet proof and I can record oodles of tracks with plugs at 128 buffer size...no problem.

My question is as follows:
After zooming in and out several times for editing sessions...PTLE starts to slow down. If I shut down the application and restart it, then I basically 'reset' my session and everything is OK...until the editing begins. The more stuff I have in my session, the quicker this memory leak occurs. This has happened to me regardless of the amount of plugins I have running. The slowdown is similar to a lack in memory, but as I have stated, my 1.5G barely gets used.

My best guess is that PTLE is not managing my RAM correctly. I have all virtual memory turned off and the system is tweaked out the Ying-Yang.

I've checked out certain memory managing products like Ram Booster, but I highly doubt that will help.

Any body konw what's going on?
Thanks, KT.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: PTLE 6.4 Slow after lots of editing/zooming?????

UPDATE:

I memtested my system and got some funky errors at the end of the test.
I've sinced changed all my ram and upgraded to 2 gigs, ran memtest for 24hrs and got no errors.

My machine is running sweeter than ever.

KT.