Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Firewire Problem

Hey guys,
I have the 002R, have had the same unit since they were released with no problems. I was just mixing something and I got a weird DAE error, and then my firewire on the 002 stopped responding. I have unplugged everything, shut the computer down, etc. Upon restarting, I insert the firewire cable and the 1394 light comes on for a sec, then goes off again...maybe it's because it's early, but I am at a total loss. This ever happen to anyone? I hear there is some glitch with the 002R that Digi will send you some kit out for to fix it, but isn't that something with the power, not the firewire? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MP
Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: Firewire Problem

Quote:
Hey guys,
I have the 002R, have had the same unit since they were released with no problems. I was just mixing something and I got a weird DAE error, and then my firewire on the 002 stopped responding. I have unplugged everything, shut the computer down, etc. Upon restarting, I insert the firewire cable and the 1394 light comes on for a sec, then goes off again...maybe it's because it's early, but I am at a total loss. This ever happen to anyone? I hear there is some glitch with the 002R that Digi will send you some kit out for to fix it, but isn't that something with the power, not the firewire? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MP
power harness

Take Care,
Gene
Old 09-23-2005, 08:29 AM

Hello.
Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem, blinking Green LED light on the back next to the firewire ports.
Thanks
Nic
Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 PM

Highly recommended reading for all new DUC'ers. Spend some time reading the first 4 pages of whichever platform you use(MAC or PC) and all the Protools Host Tips and Techniques. You will learn a ton of stuff and be ready for problems even before they pop up. The power harness issue has been done to death. I've been on here a year and still pick up all kinds of great info and tips on a monthly basis.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave