Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 10:38 PM

Default Pro Tools questions

Hello, I am looking into purchasing a pro tools system, but have some questions I
am hoping someone can answer for me.

First of all, I am currently using a PC with Windows 2000. If I decide in the future
to switch over to a Mac, will my Pro Tools system be transfereable. Is the hardware
compatible with both Platforms. Would I have to pay anything extra to get the appropriate
software if I decide later to switch to a Mac after using my Pro Tools system originally on a PC?

Second, is this a good time to purchase a Pro Tools system? Is there anything looming
in the horizon that I would be better off waiting for? Do you have any new products
coming out soon that I may be interested in?

I am currently looking to get a Pro Tools Mix plus and the ADAT Bridge I/O. Is this
sufficent to run pro Tools or will I need additional hardware? Does that Adat bridge
require you to have one of the analogue I/O's first.

Will my protools system work ok with my M-Audio Delta 1010 that is currently running
in my computer or should I only have Pro Tools on my computer?

Does the Yamaha 01v digital mixer integrate well with Pro Tools?

I appreciate any information you can provide me.

thanks,

Hisham
Old 11-26-2001, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools questions

Just a warning - this is a user conference site, NOT tech support or sales. I think you want to email or call Digidesign's pre-sales support to get answers to your questions.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:16 AM

Oh, sorry about that. My bad. Thought these were pretty standard questions. I'll call digidesign.
Old 11-27-2001, 08:53 AM

Hisham, all Digi hardware is platform independent, so yes it is transferable. Also, you shouldn't have any issues using another soundcard along side Digi cards, but check out the compatibility section of this website to be sure.
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time