Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Default Reel Tape Flanger TDM issue

Well, finishing up a mix but, can't seem to get the RTF to work right. I have it on a AUX with a few other plugins and Normally I would just put a plugin in RTAS but, I can't with this one as the delay compensation won't be able to handle it.
What it is doing is not working at all and won't let the audio pass through to the next plugins. The go around right now I see is to disable it and Purge Cache then enable it and it starts working.
This is such a pain but, I haven't seen anyone else having this issue. Is it that, not that many people use this plugin?
Anyway, love the sound of this plugin and would love to keep using it.

Digi, please fix this bug.

Thanx
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Reel Tape Flanger TDM issue

That sounds like what happens when you are using a plugin in trial mode, as if PT does not know that you have paid for it.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:54 PM

ya mon, same thing here on pt8 on leo...
went in to our tiger drive with 7.4 and all's good.
e
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Yeah, it's really weird. Digi, do you know this is happening? Hope there is a future update to this plugin..... Also, I hope they find a way for it not to have such a delay. That sucks as well.

Marc
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 02-12-2010, 12:01 AM

This has been well discussed previously here, I reported in March 2009 and it was "logged for a fix" in June 2009.

Temporary solution is to return to previous version of plug (for 7.x) or toggle tape type within the plug.

See here http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=241209

Come ON Digi!!
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 AM

M2E, which version of RTF are you using?

Oliver