Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Unhappy Can't Get Mbox Mini To Work With PT

Hey guys. I tried my best to find an answer to my problem online so I wouldn't have to make another thread like this, but the solutions that helped other people did not solve my problem.

The problem is: I can't get my mbox to work within pro tools. The meters on the audio track don't move when I strum my guitar. I don't know if the I/O Setup is wrong or if I'm using the wrong input and output on the audio track, or if it is a different problem entirely.

Here is a picture of my Mbox Mini 3 Control Panel

Here's the process. I have a guitar cable going into port 1 on the back of my mbox mini with the button set to DI (I've also tried it set to Mic/Line, but I'm pretty sure it should be set to DI right?). Then I plug my headphones into the headphone port on the front panel of the Mbox mini. I can strum my guitar and I get sound from my headphones (but only the left can. Not sure if that's normal?). So far so good, I think.

Then I open Pro Tools (10.3.2) and hold "N" to bring that screen up.
This is what comes up.

Then I open my project. My hardware and playback engine are set to Mbox Mini.

This is what my I/O Setup looks like
Input
Output. Don't know why that says "Not Connected". That's probably not good.
Bus

And this is how I have my track set up
Audio Track

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium

I would really appreciate some help with this.
Let me know if there is any additional information that would be of use.

LPSlashLP
Old 01-05-2013, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Can't Get Mbox Mini To Work With PT

Nevermind, I got it. Turns out I had to press "Record Track" to get the meters to move I'm so glad I finally get to use my Mbox!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Can't Get Mbox Mini To Work With PT

Glad you got your setup to work. However, I just want to make sure you're also aware of another setting that might cause you similar confusion at some point if you accidentally enable it. Alt+K will enable / disable Auto Input Monitoring, and when that's enabled and you currently have Pro Tools playing back, you won't hear your strumming until the record is actually turned on. While the record is off and PT is playing back audio, you will only hear the audio that is currently in the existing tracks.

Once you start the actual record or disable Auto Input Monitoring, you will hear your own strumming.