Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Default PT10 Deck Emulation Mode

We finally upgraded ProTools in our HDTV Truck from 8.05. This is on a Windows machine because we needed 4-slots for 4-PCI cards, giving us 128-IO from the SSL C-200 console. There is a SyncHD which is fed 59.94 black, not Tri-Level.

We have all the proper cabling to have the serial port on the HP-8600 work when in Deck Emulation mode. We do this so the SSL can control ProTools as well as send it locate commands based on locate points in the console. We don't use ProTools automation as the SSL's is GREAT. We also use Satellite in PT to control our on-board Avid MC so I can work with picture.

So, PT8 worked GREAT in this mode. Now that I've upgraded to 10.0.1 emulation doesn't work as expected (read "as it did before"). In fact, once emulation mode is active in 'peripherals', I just have to engage serial control on the SSL. Before, I had to do that as well as put PT in REM.

If I put PT10 in REM, it will chase and go into PLAY, but never syncs and doesn't play audio as well as the Avid not chasing satellite. Taking it out of REM and everything works. What doesn't happen in this new, 'unselected' mode is the edit window doesn't follow locate positions from the SSL.

Before, I could move between locates or enter a TC position on the SSL and everything would follow. Now the START position moves, but the edit window and Avid don't actually move UNTIL I hit PLAY. Before I could use the shuttle/scroll wheel on the SSL and the edit window and Avid would follow. Now, it's just the start position that moves with everything else starting from there once I hit play.

Can anyone else confirm this with PT10, or is anyone using Deck Emulation like this?

System info:
HPxw8600 with HD4 (1-core 3-Accel)
Windows 7 Pro 64bit - 8GB RAM (all recommended optimization changes have been made to Win 7)
SyncHD

As I'm typing the above specs, I realized I should confirm the SyncHD firmware, not that it should make a difference....

Thanks guys!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM

Default Re: PT10 Deck Emulation Mode... SOLVED

I found the problem. It was a sync issue between the SSL DeltaLink interfaces and Digi processor cards. I'm looking into a firmware update from SSL since this just started with PT10.

Thanks to all who read trying to help....
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Evergreen Audio Design Group

Default Re: PT10 Deck Emulation Mode

Eric,

I'm glad to hear you got this working.