Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 AM

Question 003 PT LE 8 Automation by Hand?

Hi all, have been messing with the 003 and PT8 LE for a while now, but I'm still stuck on many features.

The thing thats bugging me now is automation. I have read many of the questions and answers already posted but none of them touch on what I am having trouble with.

Lets say I have 4 audio tracks are playing (vocals, guitar, bass and violin). I press play, and i realise the vocals are quiet. I want to turn them up, using the faders on teh 003. Whenever I touch the fader, to turn it up, it moves back to its original position. Even in Automation Write mode, it doesnt let me write by hand, ie using the fader.

What must I do to be able to controll the volume automation via the faders on the 003?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Default Re: 003 PT LE 8 Automation by Hand?

Try using TOUCH mode and move the faders up when they need to go up, and hold them there until you want them to go back(let go and they will go back). Or use LATCH mode and raise them at the proper time and they SHOULD stay raised(that's why its called LATCH mode). If all you want to do is raise the tracks for the entire song, its easier to do it in the edit window. Show volume automation in the track view(s), zoom out so the entire song fits on the screen. grab the volume lane after the last part of the song and drag the line upwards(it should raise the entire line).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
If all you want to do is raise the tracks for the entire song, its easier to do it in the edit window. Show volume automation in the track view(s), zoom out so the entire song fits on the screen. grab the volume lane after the last part of the song and drag the line upwards(it should raise the entire line).
Or just hold the Option/Alt key while using the trimmer - you can place it anywhere over the automation line and raise/lower the entire line without having to go past the last region of the song.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 AM

Out of curiosity, do you have Volume automation enabled (armed) in the Automation Enable Window (command + 4 on numeric keypad)?