Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 07:23 AM

Default Command 8 vs Universal Mackie Pro = Please Help

Point blank, I have a Digi 002 and need a control surface for it. Which is the best option and why.

I know originally I was going to get the Comman 8 but alot of neg. reviews have kind of steered me away, now the new Universal Mackie Pro looks very nice.

So my question basically is, if you could buy/own any controller surface for pro tools under $1200.00 which would it be and why
, peace
Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Command 8 vs Universal Mackie Pro = Please Help

Command|8

Never had a problem with it...

Also I would NEVER have a non Digidesign Controller again with Pro Tools...

Digi does not play well with others, and apart from all the normal problems from using a 3rd party controller, having something that could lose support at Digi’s whim again does not appeal...

N
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 AM

Ok, but that's more of a general reply and not an actual comparison. I fully understand that the Command 8 is Digi, but so easily to shy away from the Mackie seems not fair at all.

I appreciate your opinion, but honestly it was not helpful at all. Please someone out there help me out

, peace
Old 09-11-2007, 07:55 AM

How odd... I answered your question completely and accurately..

You did not ask for a comparison, you asked which is the best option and why.

I told you which I thought was the best option & why I thought it was...

I also let you know that I hadn’t experienced any problems with the Command|8 to address your ‘bad reviews’ comment... Not that I have seen any bad reviews for it mind...

If you want a blow by blow comparison between units ASK FOR ONE...

But with that attitude, I sure as hell am not going to give you one ...

N
Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 AM

Atitude? Are you a woman or something getting all sensitive, be a man and don't let little ish put your panties in a knot.

Now if you call that a comparison, no way in hell am I going to respect that. Tell me why, who,when where.

Command 8 why is it the best, only becuase it's digi design?

Or the Mackie because you can expand, has a jog shuttle wheel, or how about a master fader, automated faders, I mean that's the kind of basic in depth ish I need

If you have nothing that can help me, besides oh get "Command 8" because it's digi design, that makes you sound like such a tool.

Shure I would be working in hui mode, but what are the advantages, disadvantages, I meanthere's so much in depth info that not only could be helpful to me but many other users wih this same question.

So.............

, peace
Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 AM

I come back three days later and still not one single reply? Ashamed at these forums

, peace
Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Ashamed at these forums

, peace

[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "of these forums"?
You are funny!

Peace
Old 09-17-2007, 01:13 AM

It depends for what you are doing. If you just need a few faders, or 100% Digi support, then get the C8. If you want to expand, I will definitley go with the Mackie Universal Pro. They both have alot of features in common. The C8 though has a headphone and moniter I/O on it. The Mackie has a built in 3x3 MIDI interface (actually a 4x4 since the main unit takes up the first one) that you don't have to use just to expand it (ex. MIDI keyboards, MPCs, etc). My choice personally would be the Mackie Pro. I have tested both units, and they're both good, and they won't lose support any time soon.

Pro Tools 12, Sibelius First 7/Presonus Studio 192/Windows 10 Pro
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM

J Frank.... man, you need to get your meds sorted out. Don't be "ashamed at these forums", be ashamed of yourself. NickH answered you question, and even if it was not to your satisfaction... you need to learn to say "thank you", and leave it at that. I trust that you are not a professional, and your style of "panties in a knot" talk will insure that you never will be. Too many, or not enough "time outs" in your childhood! Normally, i mind my own business.. but reading your posts had the same effect on me as witnessing a kid peeing on a plant at Target. I HAD to say something. G'day
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
J Frank.... man, you need to get your meds sorted out. Don't be "ashamed at these forums", be ashamed of yourself. NickH answered you question, and even if it was not to your satisfaction... you need to learn to say "thank you", and leave it at that. I trust that you are not a professional, and your style of "panties in a knot" talk will insure that you never will be. Too many, or not enough "time outs" in your childhood! Normally, i mind my own business.. but reading your posts had the same effect on me as witnessing a kid peeing on a plant at Target. I HAD to say something. G'day

FIrst of all fruitcake you have no idea who I am , second I've touched more work then you could imagine. Also it's the way I talk, real dudes don't cry if someone tells you f-you.

Also I'm 28 years old and spent the 4+ last years of my life fighting for your damn freedom so don't dare judge me or know what the hell I've been through.

Thanks to that one poster above you who actually made sense, I just bought an mpc-1000 and never even thought about hooking that up to the mackie pro, that sounds great man.

My only concern though is the Mackie would run in hui so digi might not want to help me if problmes occur, but at the same time I've been reading up on Logic Pro and it sounds like I might migrate over there with some apogee audio interface.

For the record if you have nothing to add to my thread a big F you, peace to my real dudes out there. I bet 99% these sentimental cats on here are white, minorities were always behind the mics now where getting behind the boards

,peace