Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 12:13 PM

Default stopping dead.

can anybody help me with this problem: i have operated without this problem for 2 months, and didn't change anything today when i started to record vocals it stopped recording and i got this error message: the operating system held off interrupts for too long. if this occurs frequently, try increasing the "h/w buffer size" in the playback engine panel (-6086). i did increase it. then again, then one more time, but it has not helped. it continues to stop. any suggestions?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: stopping dead.

delete un-used tracks and plugs
Old 05-31-2007, 12:23 PM

thank you for your quick response and suggestion. at the time, i have no unused tracks and no unused plug-ins. i have 10 tracks.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 PM

what is your DAE buffer set to?
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 PM

what is your DAE buffer set to?
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 05-31-2007, 12:30 PM

To further help you, we really need to know more about your system. You haven't even told us what Digidesign interface you are using, let alone specs about your computer and/or your session, all of which can be a factor in what is causing the problem, and without which we cannot accurately offer solutions.

Please read the "Help us Help you..." thread for details about what details you need to post and how to obtain them.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 PM

buffer was 256, then bumped it successively each time i got the error message.

HP 3500 ADM Athlon 64 processor
PC3200 DDR 1 GB SDRAM memory
250 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive
pro tools LE 7.0 with MBOX2.

let me know if you need any more information. also , while i'm at it, i'd like to save audio files on an external hard drive. i bought a MYBOOK 320 GB premium but when i tried to save audio files to it it read pro tools does not support unmapped network volumes . yes, i have it plugged into the usb, is that my problem with that? should i post that question on a different thread?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 PM

We need more info. Maybe the bold text from the post I linked you to wasn't clear? I'll post it again just to be sure:
Quote:
WinXP users should provide a Sandra report, as indicated in the Setup and General Troubleshooting thread (information on how to download Sandra and generate the report is included in those threads).

As for the external drive, you need to be using a firewire drive, but that's not your main problem. Typically when using external drives, this message is presented if you have plugged in the drive after Pro Tools is open. To use an external drive in Pro Tools, it must be connected before opening Pro Tools.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 05-31-2007, 01:10 PM

okay, where is the setup and general troubleshooting thread? i've tried to SEARCH THE DUC and GOOGLE THE DUC and SUPPORT AND DOWNLOADS and it just links me to other user's threads. this site is not the easiest to navigate. maybe you could put the setup and general troubleshooting link at the top of the DUC page, since it seems to be a neccesary link. just a suggestion. thanks for your help. what happened to the good old days (i'm 37) when i could call a telephone number and talk to a human who could limp me through my technological inadequacies? )
Old 05-31-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
okay, where is the setup and general troubleshooting thread? i've tried to SEARCH THE DUC and GOOGLE THE DUC and SUPPORT AND DOWNLOADS and it just links me to other user's threads.
It's linked within that thread that I posted.
Quote:
In addition, we ask that you go through the respective Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of the forum appropriate for your OS and hardware before posting, as a vast majority of problems can be solved by properly optimizing and 'cleaning out' (by trashing preferences, databases, etc.) your system. Here are the links to the respective threads:

Pro Tools HD on Mac OS

Pro Tools LE on Mac OS X

Pro Tools LE on Win XP

Pro Tools M-Powered on Mac OS X

Pro Tools M-Powered on Win XP

No offense, but it's almost like you didn't even read the page that I linked you to.

Quote:
maybe you could put the setup and general troubleshooting link at the top of the DUC page, since it seems to be a neccesary link. just a suggestion.
Ummm... it is. Has been for a long time. It's titled "General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools 6 & 7 Win XP" and is a "sticky" thread at the top of this very forum, as well as being linked directly from the first link I gave you.

I'm really not trying to put you down or make you feel inadequate or anything, but a litte careful reading could have averted all of this. I know it can be frustrating when you just "want it to work" , but careful setup, configuration and compatibility checking are very important when it comes to Pro Tools, not to mention when asking for help.

Slow down just a bit, carefully read the links you've been given and we should be able to get you up and running, or at least direct you what actions you need to take to come close, but until we know the facts about your system, we would be just guessing.