Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2000, 06:51 PM

Default Saving project to CDR problem.

When saving PT projects to CDR, they work just fine, but when I go back to them later, that's where the problem starts.

First off, after burning the files to disc, I open the project from the disc, to see if everything is working ok, and it does. All tracks are in place, and all fades, plug-ins, and automation are in place. I then set off to the side for other work.

When I go back to the project on disc, the program and audio files are seperated from each other. All automation, pans, volume, etc... all show up, except the audio files.
Files are in the Audio Folder, but don't open up with the main file. I then have to put all the audio files back into place.

Also too, I have had just the opposite happen. When opening a session burned to disk, all the audio is read, but not the rest of the information. The file is open, but there is no mix or edit window.

What am I doing wrong? I look for answers in manual, and zilch.

Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2000, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Saving project to CDR problem.

I do a lot of PT session transporting via CDR and it always works for me - here's how I do it:
1) Just drag and drop the entire session folder into Toast or whatever program you're using to burn the files (it sounds like you've already done this part of it) and burn the CD.

2) When you need to work on the session again, don't open it from the CD. Drag it onto your hard disk (preferably the one you use to store PT info) and copy it there by making a new folder and simply dragging all the files from the CDR into it. After you've done that, it should read off the hard drive just like it was always there.

This way, Pro Tools isn't confused as to where the files are stored, everything is in one place, as PT likes it. Try that and see if it helps.
Old 11-23-2000, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Saving project to CDR problem.

Thanks Chris, that seems to be working!