Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Default Re: GIVE US DELAY COMPENSATION IN PT-LE!!!!!

Quote:
Kris75 and others...

My question to you guys is, have you ever worked on a real session with the other softwares? I have, and yes some others have some features that are not available on other DAW's, but I keep coming back to PT because I feel that they are the only company "that seems to get the total package just right". Everyone should have been aware of PTLE limitation before you spent money. If not, then that is YOUR bad.

Is having ADC in PTLE going to make me a platinum hit...no! Would I like to have it...yes Will I keep crying because I don’t have it...no! (because if I wanted it that bad I would stop complaining and make good music that will make me good money so I can go out there and purchase a HD system).

Some of you insist on saying that PTLE is falling behind the times, maybe true in SOME aspects, but I will still use it even if ADC is never addressed. Some of you really need to search the other DAW's forums and read what they have to say. I bet you will not be too pleased with Sonar's stability and their version of ADC, and if you are then why are you continuing to us a product that does not suit your needs?
I work on DP every day making TV ads, so yes I have worked on other software in a "real" session. I think PTLE is amazing and if I had my way, I would use it at the studio where I work. ADC has NEVER been an issue for me. It takes 2 seconds to nudge a track and keep track of it in the comments. I have made great recordings without ADC and will continue to do so.
My main worry is what I see happening with my peers.
PT is becoming a joke amongst many of them because of its false limitations.
I thing HD is great, but what business man do you know, that already has clients (big time clients), that is going to spend 10 - 20 thousand dollars on a system, when he can buy DP (which is quite similar to PT) and a MOTU card for half of that. Even less. It is a stable system. It works. In my whole time being there, we have lost maybe one job becuase we did not have PT. We do major broadcast ads for all of canada.
The farther DIGI lets it go, the harder it will be to work on a single platform.
I work on PT because of the marketing hype. I bought my first 001 at PT 5.1.1. I bought it because PT was the industry standard. If they don't catch up, in a few years we are all going to be using another software.
I don't even use plugs that cause latency most of the time. DIGI EQIII and DynIII are an amazing set of tools with little latency (except the gate which is 88 samples) TL space and smack, bam, your good to go. 0 to very little latency issues for me.
I don't need ADC. I want Pro Tools Native. No limitations. Thats all. Oh, and Offline bouce. I want that too

Kris
May the music move you
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM

If I were King, all formal audio engineering curriculum would require students to become familiar with multiple platforms.
Becoming "multi-lingual" from a DAW standpoint, has been one of the most positive educational experiences I've had in engineering.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:51 AM

Understandable Kris75...But I truly think that PTLE will have a major change, it just takes time. Like digi tech posted before, other DAW's were created after PT, so they work with new code. PT is industry standard, not because it is the best, because majority of industry people use it (*standard*).

Just give it some time!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:27 AM

@MrBossPlaya,

I see clearly two things here :
i)You seem to be so willing (and very encouraging to others...)to just make good music that will make you good money so U can go out there and purchase a HD system, ONLY TO GET the ADC feature...? A whole bucket full of money just for ADC...?
Isn't that a pitty...?
ii)Because you also seem to : work with every audio format available, have read all the audio forums on the entire planet
and generally seem to know - well not all but almost- everything...
IF and WHENEVER and for any reason, Digidesign decides to provide LE with that miserable feature called ADC, please DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR :

DON'T GO AND BUY IT...

...just stick with what you may got at the time

You might also save "your good music's money" and spend it elseware worthing it........

Just my two cents Boss,
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: GIVE US DELAY COMPENSATION IN PT-LE!!!!! *DELETED*

Post deleted by DigiTechSupt
Old 05-24-2007, 01:41 PM

With all due respect, Mr. Boss, it gets pretty annoying seeing people getting bashed for wanting certain features. If it bothers you that much, ignore the posts. Most people wanting ADC aren't saying they can't make music without it, they are just saying that is would make life easier. Well, I'll speak for myself at least. The fact is that the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Case in point, the 24, then 32 track limitation in PT LE. We bitched until we got 32 tracks, then bitched a little more, and low and behold, the Music Production Toolkit came out.

I get tired of hearing myself complaining about certain features I want! But, if the voice of the people is loud enough, things get done.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Avid

We hear, loud and clear.

Since this is just degenerating into bashing, I'm locking it.
Closed Thread