Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: GIVE US DELAY COMPENSATION IN PT-LE!!!!!

Quote:
bump.

anyone who posts against us getting adc in ptle are:

1. a bit mental
2. convincing digidesign that they can get away with it
1. Not mental, but logical. True ADC in PTLE will be a huge joke if it does not work properly. Even the other DAW's report having problems with it. Look on other forums and read!

2. Get away with what? Maybe they are saving you the time and wasted money by not having a water down, ADC"LE".

I would love to have it, and i think that it will be addressed soon...but people stop crying over this issue. If you can not make a good sounding record without ADC then maybe you are the problem and maybe you should look into another career/hobby.

Please put this thread to rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:48 PM

ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
bump.

anyone who posts against us getting adc in ptle are:

1. a bit mental
2. convincing digidesign that they can get away with it
hahahahahahaha
VERY true!
There is no point in adding features to LE like ADC because no one does PRO work with PT LE anyway. LE is a toy, boys. We need to just face that cold, hard fact.
Very expensive toy
Old 05-24-2007, 01:58 AM

[QUOTE]
Quote:
bump.

1. Not mental, but logical. True ADC in PTLE will be a huge joke if it does not work properly. Even the other DAW's report having problems with it. Look on other forums and read!

2. Get away with what? Maybe they are saving you the time and wasted money by not having a water down, ADC"LE".

I would love to have it, and i think that it will be addressed soon...but people stop crying over this issue. If you can not make a good sounding record without ADC then maybe you are the problem and maybe you should look into another career/hobby.

Please put this thread to rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you dont trust digidesign ?You dont think that they are able to make things work ?
And are you telling us that Adc has anything to do with the sound quality ?I am using a daw with adc and i am making very goog sounding records with it DO YOU THINK MY CAREER DEPENDS ON ADC ? ARE YOU STUPID?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:07 AM

Digidesign wouldn't be working on renewing the Pro Tools codebase if they weren't aware, to a certain extent, of their possible commercial collapse in a near future.

Market history taught us that companies die if they act too late. They know it's not noticeable yet, with people buying HD systems, sparing no expense, and LE systems for cost effective project studios. But they're aware that they're behind, technically, to all other DAWs currently in the market. And that is an extremely dangerous position.

Sometimes I wonder if they just gave up already. They have been relying on the fact that Pro Tools is a standard for way too long now.

Considering the mess Pro Tools is in terms of stability, their only wise option is to give us the features we want.

I hear myself speak and I'm sure I would do a great job if Digidesign was under my management.

Digidesign? Are you listening? Just hire me already. I'm gargantuously intelligent and I won't stop until I make the company prosper.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:

So you dont trust digidesign ?You dont think that they are able to make things work ?
And are you telling us that Adc has anything to do with the sound quality ?I am using a daw with adc and i am making very goog sounding records with it DO YOU THINK MY CAREER DEPENDS ON ADC ? ARE YOU STUPID?

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say that I did not trust Digi? I am just referring to all the people that say "Sonar has it why not PTLE". Yes they can make it work, but it takes time. PT uses much older code than the others. Plus I think for your "sound quality" would suck if it did not work properly, just like all the others. As for your "career", if you cannot make a record w/o ADC then YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PROFESSION!

I think that you need to read before you go and blast someone brah! AS FOR CALLING ME STUPID, I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE INGNORANT SHOULD BE CASTRATED SO THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE OFFSPRING.

Just my 2 cents Toun
Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Quote:

Where did I say that I did not trust Digi? I am just referring to all the people that say "Sonar has it why not PTLE". Yes they can make it work, but it takes time. PT uses much older code than the others. Plus I think for your "sound quality" would suck if it did not work properly, just like all the others. As for your "career", if you cannot make a record w/o ADC then YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PROFESSION!

I think that you need to read before you go and blast someone brah! AS FOR CALLING ME STUPID, I BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE INGNORANT SHOULD BE CASTRATED SO THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE OFFSPRING.

Just my 2 cents Toun

[/QUOTE]

Now Now, lets calm down guys. We're talking about ADC here, not castration. Although working without ADC is like missing 1 of the boys

Kris
May the music move you
Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Space Cabin Audio

Quote:
Digidesign wouldn't be working on renewing the Pro Tools codebase if they weren't aware, to a certain extent, of their possible commercial collapse in a near future.

Market history taught us that companies die if they act too late. They know it's not noticeable yet, with people buying HD systems, sparing no expense, and LE systems for cost effective project studios. But they're aware that they're behind, technically, to all other DAWs currently in the market. And that is an extremely dangerous position.

Sometimes I wonder if they just gave up already. They have been relying on the fact that Pro Tools is a standard for way too long now.

Considering the mess Pro Tools is in terms of stability, their only wise option is to give us the features we want.

Could not agree more with this.
And it also begs the question, Where do they MAKE the most money? LE sales or HD sales. I know that HD costs a lot more, but not every person can/wants/needs an HD system.
So how many LE systems do they sell compared to HD systems? My guess is that they make WAY more money on LE and that they are working on a major release for this market, or as The Noize says "Market history taught us that companies die if they act too late." and that is something I don't want. I love PT.

Kris
May the music move you
Old 05-24-2007, 09:17 AM

ADC, Peace & Love!!!!!

Roger

MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 - Pro Tools Ultimate + HD Native + HD OMNI
MacBook Pro 2.9 GHz i7 16GB Ram (Retina, 15-inch, 2016) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Apollo Twin
iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7 32GB Ram (Late 2012) - Pro Tools Ultimate + Mbox Pro (3rd gen)
Old 05-24-2007, 09:50 AM

Kris75 and others...

My question to you guys is, have you ever worked on a real session with the other softwares? I have, and yes some others have some features that are not available on other DAW's, but I keep coming back to PT because I feel that they are the only company "that seems to get the total package just right". Everyone should have been aware of PTLE limitation before you spent money. If not, then that is YOUR bad.

Is having ADC in PTLE going to make me a platinum hit...no! Would I like to have it...yes Will I keep crying because I don’t have it...no! (because if I wanted it that bad I would stop complaining and make good music that will make me good money so I can go out there and purchase a HD system).

Some of you insist on saying that PTLE is falling behind the times, maybe true in SOME aspects, but I will still use it even if ADC is never addressed. Some of you really need to search the other DAW's forums and read what they have to say. I bet you will not be too pleased with Sonar's stability and their version of ADC, and if you are then why are you continuing to us a product that does not suit your needs?
Closed Thread