Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2023, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Now that Izotope is Native Instruments, we might be waiting longer for Stratus 3D

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/izo...rand-news.html
Old 06-14-2023, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
Can’t be worse than it is now. Maybe PA and Izotope have been slow to AAX ARM because they’ve been in limbo pending the sale to NI. NI’s own products are working great ARM natively.
Agreed! My experience is that NI jumps on stuff pretty fast and not sure it it's their people of Izotope people that are doing the work here or NI. I is an may be an acquisition in name only. That's was what I was told a year or so ago from Izotope inside their company who I trust, but who knows.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-14-2023, 02:29 PM

BTW I just tried the Tegler Raummachine Reverb, but had some crashes. This is what I got back. It's a nice verb, but needs some bug fixes which they admitted to me after I emailed them about my experience in ProTools. It worked in Ableton Live 11, but did not try anything else.

On Jun 14, 2023, at 4:00 AM, Tegeler Audio Manufaktur wrote:

Hi Gregory,

thank you for your feedback.

I have forwarded the info to our developers and they will be working on it for the next update.

We also received a few other reports of the plug-in crashing ProTools under similar circumstances. So I am confident it will be fixed soon.

We are glad that everything is working well with Live.

If you have any further questions, just let me know :)

Best regards from Berlin – Tegel

Gabriel

THEN THIS, So it kind of works.

Hi Gregory,

just to let you know: ProTools is crashing when the Raummaschine is on mono tracks. On stereo tracks, it should work.

That’s the main bug our developers are fixing right now, the next update should be out ASAP as I told you.

If you have any further questions, just let me know :)

Best regards from Berlin – Tegel

Gabriel
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 06-15-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
PA gets my sympathies, because they lost their bread and butter studio in a flooding. iZotope however should release the reverbs ASAP.
Their vanity studio got destroyed. But they said no development data was lost and no one was hurt. Those same floods caused loss of life elsewhere so don’t feel too bad for them

Has nothing to do with their Apple Silicon progress.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:38 AM

Default Re: ALTIVERB UPDATE EMAIL FROM THEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Here is a nice little bit of info I got from AudioEase about Altiverb, but I got something like this before, but without some of the info or whatever. I inquired again after months of no communication from them, but understand they are doing I guess what they can. Hopefully a new updated product that may be of use to us!

Hi Gregory,

I understand your question. We are on it. We were working on a new Altiverb version for over two years before it became apearant that the native apple silicon support was needed quickly. We choose to build this support into this new version and not in the current version. We are close, but not ready yet. As soon as we have news on the new version you will hear from us. Until that time you can run Pro Tools using Rosetta to use Altiverb.

Best regards,

Aram Verwoest
Audio Ease support
[email protected]

Follow us and stay up to date:
fb/AudioEase
insta/audioease
So Silicon compatibility will require a paid update. I guess that's all right for Altiverb since the last version came out many years ago and the new one will see significant updates. However I'm wondering how they will handle their other products.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:40 AM

Default Re: ALTIVERB UPDATE EMAIL FROM THEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
So Silicon compatibility will require a paid update. I guess that's all right for Altiverb since the last version came out many years ago and the new one will see significant updates. However I'm wondering how they will handle their other products.
no idea.. but here's hoping-:)

G
Old 06-17-2023, 02:02 AM

PluginBoutique has a new version (2.8.0) of Scaler2 out, which is now is Apple Silicon native for AAX. The update is in user area at PluginBoutique website.

Quote:
Changelog 2.8.0

Content:

- 66 Song Chordsets: Ambient, Anime, Synth Divisi 4 Part, Latin Jazz, Movie Theme, Reggae, J-Pop, K-Pop.
- 14 Artists Chordsets: Lloyd Brown, Pablo Sanchez.
- Expressions Patterns: EDM Bass, Melodic Bass, Sidechain Bass, Common Progression Phrases, Common Rhythms, 7/4 Rhythms, 9/4 Rhythms.
- 9 Japanese scales.
- New Slap Bass sound.
- New guitar chord positions.
- Group internal instruments by categories in the instrument dropdown menu.

Improvements:

- Prevent CPU spikes when starting recording or using MIDI Panic.
- Improve stability on M1 systems.
- Add compatibility with M1 Native plugins in Pro Tools.
- Prevent OpenGL crash when saving a session from the Save popup.
- Ensure performance parameters are reset properly when switching bind OFF.
- Fix playback timings being reset when moving chords to empty slots or reordering slots in Section C.
- Prevent NoteOff messages from sharing the same sample number as the next NoteOn event of the sequence.
- Ensure notes are named correctly according to the selected scale in Modal Interchange screen and keys-lock mode.

Last edited by James Steele; 06-17-2023 at 02:20 AM.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npapaleo View Post
@ VRW none of the brainworx plugins have been updated for native aax yet, I'm told they're coming soon. I'm quite happy though that all the Plugin Alliance/Unfiltered Audio plugs got updated last week.
soon :)
2,5 month later nothing new.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:41 AM

Hey plugin vendors be careful, I think Slate has registered the Coming Soon (and once they finally delivered, talking about FGX2 here, there is no upgrade -- only subscription or another full license).
Old 06-18-2023, 10:17 AM

and no previous version setting backward compatibility. That's the one that really grinds my gears... Ok you made a new version of your plugin, but make it so all the old presets open, make re-instantiation pick up the plugin settings from the old version. I've said it before but this basic functionality is why Waves has proved so popular. Anyone can open up sessions from the 90's that had waves and they still open up, and still sound bad.