Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Finally!! Tool section of the exact tool you want!

Nope, not active yet. How long does it take to get registered on this site?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:04 AM

I've made posts over the years on multiple occasions about locking out tools.

I think the point here is that the software is called "PRO" tools. Inferring that it's used by professionals. Professionals work fast and need to lock out USELESS tools for proper workflow. The selectable loop trimmer and TCE impedes workflow.

I know a LOT of engineers, and I don't know one person that has EVER used the loop trimmer except to get them aggravated. We've already had a loop tool for a long time. It's called Apple+D.

SOoooooo......

+1 for locking out the other trim tools

+1 for implementing fixes people actually WANT and have asked about for YEARS rather than making Pro Tools look pretty and other low priority things.

Justin
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Avid

I'll reiterate that we understand the importance of this and I'm personally doing everything I can to get this implemented a.s.a.p.

I know it's been a long time since this request was first made and I've tried to explain the reason for such a delay. I know it's not enough and that you just want a solution. I can give a bit of good news in that the implementation timeline for this has been brought closer in than we have previously planned, based on your requests for urgency.

As always, I cannot give specific dates, but I wanted to let you know 'we hear you' and are doing as much as we can to meet your requests.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 AM

Awesome. Thanks TechSupport,

Just trying to be that one extra person hitting the point home.

I guess I can be happy that Digi is at least AWARE of it.

Justin
Old 09-24-2009, 01:28 PM

Hmmm...

waiting
Old 09-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Finally!! Tool selection of the exact tool you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
No longer do I need to waste time or be frustrated by the tools cycling through all the alternative tool selections. For example I can select the Trim tool without needing to cycle past the T/C and loop modes of that tool. No longer do I accidentally start to process audio due to a T/C trim mis clik and need to wait for dialog boxes to stop accidental moves. No longer do I need to go to a menu selection to "flatten" the "looped" region that becomes a completely new type of audio region because I accidentally selected "loop" trim. (the tool that still has NEVER been used in any studio I have ever worked in... yet is selected about 3,000 times a day by mistake)
Oh.. Wait... Im dreaming...

How is this still not dealt with?
Yet again, an update for Pro Tools that doesnt include a fix for the MOST ANNOYING DESIGN FLAW IN PROFESSIONAL AUDIO!!!

Why... why?

UFB
I too do this. It would be nice if you could switch the cycling of the tool drop down choices on and off when needed.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Finally!! Tool selection of the exact tool you want!

BUMP

Tool locking is in 8.0.3

Quote:
In previous versions of Pro Tools, it was easy to accidentally hit the same keyboard shortcut twice and inadvertently switch between tool types. You can now check Edit/Tool Mode Keyboard Lock in the Options menu to avoid this. When checked, this option locks the ability to change tool types (i.e. change from the normal trimmer to the scrub trimmer) via keyboard shortcuts, however tool types can still be changed via the mouse or right-clicking. When checked, you can still switch between tools (i.e. switch from the Grabber to the Trimmer) via keyboard shortcut. This option affects the following tools and edit-modes: Grid, Zoom, Trim, Grabber, and Pencil.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:51 AM

Shift+Control+T

YES !!!!!!!

It's worth updating for this alone. I have updated 7 systems tonight.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 PM

OMG. I think Im going to cry!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!