Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2022, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Avid has reopened the sale on reinstatements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Smart move.
For me I think it will likely be years before I really need to update. Only a handful of features - folders in the clip bin, say - would make so much of a difference I'd be tempted to cash it in early, otherwise it'll be for OS compatibility reasons most likely.
I really wish the whole process would be clearer and something we could rely on, instead of a moving target. It's impossible to plan things out with Avid.

The terminology and different plans keep changing and you cannot rely from one year to the next whether there will be reinstatement, or even if perpetual licenses will have the same conditions. I have friends from other studios confused and asking how to buy a new update plan.
Old 07-21-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin ice View Post
I really wish the whole process would be clearer and something we could rely on, instead of a moving target. It's impossible to plan things out with Avid.

The terminology and different plans keep changing and you cannot rely from one year to the next whether there will be reinstatement, or even if perpetual licenses will have the same conditions. I have friends from other studios confused and asking how to buy a new update plan.
Yeah, at least third party sellers are trying to make things clearer and explain what you are trying to buy.

But Avid...I just can´t understand why they are trying to confuse us, in the end the only result they´d have is loosing more customers...
Old 07-21-2022, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Agreed. That's why the only safe move is to buy now from a 3rd party reseller, then redeem the code when you actually need it.

(appreciate this means having upfront funds).

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 07-26-2022, 10:13 PM

So my perpetual PT Ultimate support plan expired in Dec of 2019 and I can get & apply a renewal code for it today? Bad timing as I bought a Pro Tools vanilla perpetual for $600 today, haven’t received It yet but it’s non-returnable. SMH!
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 07-27-2022, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Bad timing as I bought a Pro Tools vanilla perpetual for $600 today, haven’t received It yet but it’s non-returnable. SMH!
You can try and sell it.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 07-27-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
So my perpetual PT Ultimate support plan expired in Dec of 2019 and I can get & apply a renewal code for it today? Bad timing as I bought a Pro Tools vanilla perpetual for $600 today, haven’t received It yet but it’s non-returnable. SMH!
We brought upgrades back with the April release (announcement and KB). I'll start a support case to get your info.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
We brought upgrades back with the April release (announcement and KB). I'll start a support case to get your info.
Thank you! I'm debating using the new PT on my 2015 rMBP, i7, 16gb ram running macos Monterey (have a.Mojave partition I'd like to do away with) keeping my 2019.12 on my i9/64Gb Win10 PC since I'm using HD Native with Apogee AD/DA 16X & DIGI 192/Omni interfaces and that system is solid. If you start a support ticket I'll get my options available where I can make a decision. I really don't want to spend any more on this because I'm disabled now and I'm just doing projects with friends for the time being but thank you so much, you've always been excellent as far as customer service. thanks again.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6

Last edited by Sugarnutz; 07-27-2022 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Jeffro,
Don't tell me if you'll have to kill me, but are Reinstatements / Get Current / Upgrades back to being permanently available? Are we able to make plans with the correct assumption that these will be available all the time? Sporadically?
Old 07-28-2022, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
Jeffro,
Don't tell me if you'll have to kill me, but are Reinstatements / Get Current / Upgrades back to being permanently available? Are we able to make plans with the correct assumption that these will be available all the time? Sporadically?
Thanks for asking this Bob. I think we'd all like to have some level of certainty about future plans.
Old 07-28-2022, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks for asking this Bob. I think we'd all like to have some level of certainty about future plans.
That’s for sure!!