Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 03:20 PM

Default DIGI ASIO & LOGIC AUDIO

First I would like start off by thanking the Digi ASIO development team for the driver. Like many have stated before it was huge step in the right direction.

However, I have had some challenges with LAP and this drive and thus far have been unable to get it to work.
This is really not an issue, because the Direct I/O driver works just fine for me, and I wouldn't expect Digi to try to fix it considering that EMAGIC no longer offers any support for the PC user anyway. I was just curious to see the difference in how both drivers sets worked in Logic.

Once thank you Digi for the ASIO Driver. Cheers. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

2+2=5
Old 11-20-2002, 05:43 PM

Default Re: DIGI ASIO & LOGIC AUDIO

Hello ASIO user,
I did some A-B tests on my PIII 500Mhz using MIX as my deck. I found that direct I|O is a tad more robust than the ASIO driver using Logic 5.0.1, in that, soft synth editing during playback was a bit clitchy using ASIO wereas direct I|O driver handled this more gracefully. One thing to point out is the fact my CPU is old a out dated (PIII 500mhZ). My 1.7 P4 worked equally as well using the Digi BETA ASIO driver or direct I|O. So..you couldn't get the ASIO driver working?
Did you read the "read me"..I did and followed the directions and was able to use the ASIO driver just fine. What deck do you have? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2002, 07:13 PM

Default Re: DIGI ASIO & LOGIC AUDIO

Quote:
Originally posted by KONKUS:
Hello ASIO user,

Did you read the "read me".. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This "reading" you speak of, is this when someone puts words an sentences together to comprehend the meaning? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Yeah I read it, but still couldnt get it do jive with LAP 5.3. Glad to hear yours works great. My ASIO works fantastic with Reason.

2+2=5