Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 07:10 PM

Default Asio Drivers For PC Petition

I have had it, i can no longer stand the lack of support for the Digi001 on the Pc, so i want to start a petition for digidesign to release an Asio driver. That will allow Pc users the ability to use the Digi001 with Cubase Vst and Logic Audio. This way Pc user have access to more plugins and Vst instruments while Digidesign gets there act together in totally supporting the Pc and all of its facets, this is only fair since Mac users have all of these abilities to start with.

So please sign this Petition

------------------
ZzZ
Old 12-07-2000, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Asio Drivers For PC Petition

Count me in.

------------------
Yavuz AKYAZICI
Guitar Player
Composer
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 12-08-2000, 07:44 AM

Hi,

No the idea is to sell more and get more of the middle priced market. So, You are missing the point. Cubase supports TDM. Logic fully supports TDM. Only 10 % of the Digi001 Users (Most probably less) are Potential TDM buyers. A lot of Logic Users bought Digi001 because Logic Supports Direct I/O. If it did not support Direct I/O they would buy something else.

So let's summarize since you missed a point that was so obvious.

1. Most Digi001 users are not potential TDM buyers..

2. More people bought Digi001 because Logic supports Direct I/O

3. Even more (A lot more) people would buy Digi001 if it had ASIO drivers..

So, now you can argue that Digi is trying to get as many users as possible to use PT LE, So that they can sell more TDM to high end Studios since it will have become a Standard. For that to happen, Digi should be less stingy anout its PT LE features. (i.e More Track Count, Better MIDI, Beat Detective, SMPTE)..

Why?

Because, Logic Platinum offers you 64 tracks, 33Plugins (Good Sounding ones), VST Instruments, Tempo Matching, Best MIDI There is,Notation, etc..

Cubase is also very powerful. They have the most users.

So if this goes on like this. Digi should either write an ASIO driver or be less stingy about their features. Otherwise Cubase will always have more users than PT LE. Just with different hardware than Digi001.

If Digi thinks selling less will help them that is a different story.

Regards

------------------
Yavuz AKYAZICI
Guitar Player
Composer
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz
Old 12-08-2000, 09:16 AM

ASIO drivers for DIGI001 / AMIII : A never ending story. There is always someone new asking the oldest question!

I fully agree that Digidesign should produce ASIO drivers (and v.2.0 ones) and DirectX. I fully believe that my soundcard should be useable with non-Digi's software as well.

What do I get? A great sounding card that I must replace just because of drivers. Even though I am fully satisfied with it soundwise.

I believe that Digi wants to create their own standard : Direct I/O. And competitors like Steinberg don't want to support it. In the meantime, we the users are trapped.

And I did not get into DAW today so I can freely choose PTLE for my audio software. I have spent money and TIME for it. I cannot spend my life reading manuals from the BEGINNING!!! Not to mention that I have a lots of songs written on those that I want to be able to import AS IS in the future.

However, the bright side is that computer hardware is getting better and cheaper, including sound cards. And Digi is not the only manufacturer!!!

I have already bought another soundcard (great price, great sound, more ins/outs, MORE DRIVERS, multi client) and having my AMIII for sale. However, there is no demand for it, even at the low price I am offering it.

Too bad my needs are contradictory to Digi's "Marketing Strategy". And I guess I am not the only one........
Old 12-08-2000, 09:42 AM

Add me to the list for an ASIO driver - please. If Digi and Steinberg won't make one, maybe some programmer out there could make one?
Old 12-08-2000, 10:14 AM

add me to the list....it would be a very wise move for them . they would attract alot of cubase users
Old 12-08-2000, 11:08 AM

HERE! HERE! Please give us ASIO drivers. the D/IO thing is not that hot!
San Diego, Ca.
Old 12-08-2000, 01:35 PM

Count me in too. Logic works fantastically on
my machine, but ASIO drivers would further open up the power of the digi 001 allowing other software to be used.
Someone out there get your act together!
Old 12-09-2000, 12:49 AM

Add me to the list of people who did not buy a digi system because of its lack of ASIO driver...I just got a delta 1010 (very happy with it) I would have gone for a digi 001 if they had ASIO...and maybe some dx/vst plug in support...I love when the consumer gets to pay for a manufactures hard headedness...just other day on these BBS I read a digi moderator say they were a hardware company who just happens to also make some nice software HA! good hardware has to have good driver support and good compatiblity tsk tsk...maybe Digi is not in this to make money, maybe they are just foolin around having fun. (sarcasm?)

Tex

by the way Nuendo is very nice!
Old 12-13-2000, 06:37 PM

Count me on too!!!
Without ASIO there is only two ways out:
buy a mac;
sell digi001 and buy smth else.
ProTools is great for mac only (TDM better)