Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Default fader pack motors... crazy!

Hi,

I have a Procontrol with 3 fader packs, recently, one of the FP's motors when powered up would just stick to the bottom, the motors sound as if they are grinding. This fader pack, had problems before with 2 of the motors not working? can anybody offer some advice?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: fader pack motors... crazy!

have you rebuild/replaced the PSUs?

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-26-2007, 12:52 PM

Hi Craig,

No, ive never replaced the PSU.. are these prone to failure? Is there a test that i can perform to verify if PSU is operating correctly?

Thanks for the help
Old 10-29-2007, 06:20 PM

yes there is known problems w/ the power supplies getting old, a little search of this category would turn it up

you can get new supplies from Digi or if you are good w/ the iron or know someone that is just recap the PSUs preferably w/ better caps that Digi used the firs time (Panasonic FCs would be my first choice)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 AM

It's not hard to do...it's harder to get the supplies out of the units. I've had to recap every power supply I have (2 main units and 3 fader packs). Solves the problem every time. The caps are cheap, but a bit hard to find. I got mine from Newark Electronics.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:05 AM

Quote:
yes there is known problems w/ the power supplies getting old, a little search of this category would turn it up

you can get new supplies from Digi or if you are good w/ the iron or know someone that is just recap the PSUs preferably w/ better caps that Digi used the firs time (Panasonic FCs would be my first choice)
Hello,

here in Spain Digi´s resellers won´t sell you PSUs unless they are the ones installing them. This doesn´t make any sense to me, specially if the PC is out of warranty.
Well, it makes sense if you know how much they charge for the PSUs and their hour rates!!!!
PPC G4 [email protected] 2G RAM / Mac OS X 10.4.8 / PT 7.3.1cs8 / 2 x 192 i/o + 2 192AD Expansions / MIDI i/o / Digidesign 13 slot Expansion Chasis PCI13R / Core + Accel + Accel + Process + Process / ProControl+Fader Pack