Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 07:09 AM

Default When will the Pro Tools Mix System be discontinued - "BUY NOW OR WAIT?"

I recently purchased a PT Mix + at a great price. I have a buddy who would like to pick up the same system but is willing to wait till June thinking that maybe there will be another
price drop.

Our concern is that maybe the product will be discontinued as digi systems seem to do
eventually.

Anyone have any idea if there will be any further price decrease by digi or any word on
when the Mix system will terminate?

Thanks...Leon
Old 04-04-2002, 08:49 AM

Default Re: When will the Pro Tools Mix System be discontinued - "BUY NOW OR WAIT?"

No one can know this until Digi announces it. Anything you hear is no better speculation than the one you can come up with yourself. One thing to note is that Digi won't want to be stuck with stock when they announce a discontinuation, so the announcement most likely won't be too long before the end.

My only suggestion: trust your gut. If you've seen patterns in Digi's behavior in the past and it suggests a buying strategy, that's your best bet.

Good luck.

DC
Old 04-04-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Re: When will the Pro Tools Mix System be discontinued - "BUY NOW OR WAIT?"

i would speculate in 1-2 years. maybe by Aug. 2003? or spring 2004?
who knows for sure...
can't possibly imagine it being more than 2 years though.
Old 04-05-2002, 05:48 AM

Even once they do discontinue it, there should be a substancial used market for some time, with folks upgrading to HD and all. There are a lot of Mix+ systems out there.

Tom