Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Mix 6.4.1 with 10.3.4

hey all,

it's been a few months since we reached the end of the road with the Mix development, so i thought i'd see what people were having success with in terms of stability.

i'm reloading the OSX to overhaul the way i'm doing things. getting ready to load Mix system 6.4.1. coupla' questions:

1.) it looks as if 10.3.4 is the last one approved for the 6.4.1 software. correct?

2.) if so, should i load up the 10.3.4 and leave it be (not run the Software Update function for ANY of the items) or should i run Software Update for items like Quiktime, security updates, java, etc.?

3.) will updating some of the supportive software bits conflict with the "dated" 10.3.4 OS version and the "dated" 6.4.1cs2 software?

look forward to the reply. . . and an end to the freakin' rain already!!!

thanks all,

akakgak
Old 01-10-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Mix 6.4.1 with 10.3.4

Quote:

1.) it looks as if 10.3.4 is the last one approved for the 6.4.1 software. correct?
Correct.
Quote:
2.) if so, should i load up the 10.3.4 and leave it be (not run the Software Update function for ANY of the items) or should i run Software Update for items like Quiktime, security updates, java, etc.?
I've updated all of the other items without incident.
Quote:
3.) will updating some of the supportive software bits conflict with the "dated" 10.3.4 OS version and the "dated" 6.4.1cs2 software?
It hasn't for me.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Mix 6.4.1 with 10.3.4

nice. thank you for the feed back.

akakgak