Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2002, 06:57 AM

Default Why can\'t I buy an M Box

Why does the Digi front page say that M Boxes are shipping. When all the dealers that I speak to in London say that they don't have any. A little equality please Digi if you are ready to release to the US release to all of your other territories simultaneously.

Yours,
A just as loyal UK customer.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Why can\'t I buy an M Box

The east coast of the US didn't get ANY mBoxes yet as far as I can tell.
Old 03-19-2002, 05:51 PM

just bought mine today at B&H in NYC. The salesman said they received 35 and there were just 3 left after mine.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:30 AM

Any response Digi????
Old 03-21-2002, 07:49 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by cancedda:
just bought mine today at B&H in NYC. The salesman said they received 35 and there were just 3 left after mine.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered one from B&H yesterday morning and they took my credit card number etc., promising to send me one overnight FedEx. Today I find out that they've sold out of them, and so I won't be getting one as promised. Hm.

If anyone knows where I can get one really quickly, please email me: [email protected]

I'm going out of the country shortly for a few weeks, and am wanting to continue my audio production while on the road....

Ted.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:35 AM

Hope your not coming to the UK you definiteley can't get one here!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 01:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Slaterman:

I ordered one from B&H yesterday morning and they took my credit card number etc., promising to send me one overnight FedEx. Today I find out that they've sold out of them, and so I won't be getting one as promised. Hm.

If anyone knows where I can get one really quickly, please email me: [email protected]

I'm going out of the country shortly for a few weeks, and am wanting to continue my audio production while on the road....

Ted.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds typical of B&H. A friend of mine ordered about $6000 worth of video equipment and was treated like a 3rd class customer after he complained because they sent him the wrong gear. The salesman was utterly rude, and said that he is used to selling $100,000 of gear to big companies and did not have time to listen to someone complain. I now shop elsewhere and so does my buddy.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:42 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ToolGod:
Hope your not coming to the UK you definiteley can't get one here!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly where I'll be! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Coming to London and Cambridge to do some software work -- and hopefully some production work at night in the hotels on my TiBook/Mbox....
Old 03-22-2002, 10:17 AM

Well I welcome you to the UK. But you really can't get an M Box here. Just like me you will restricted to using PT free on your Ti book. All of those eight tracks WOW!!!!
Come on Digi hurry up already.
Is it false advertising to state that you are shipping something when you aren't really?
Old 03-22-2002, 10:41 AM

Ted.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Where are you located?