Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2015, 03:52 AM

Default Waves Resell Policy

What is Waves resell policy as to the following.

I watched the Waves online thing the other day with Eddie Kramer and received a free EK guitar plug. Today I bought the EK package which means I have 2 GTR plugs. Can I sell the single one?

Also, with all these great deals Waves often has am I allowed to take advantage of these deals and then resell the licenses right away or do I have to wait for a period of time?
Old 01-14-2015, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Waves Resell Policy

Yes, you can sell the single license, and you don't have to wait.

Normally Waves resell policy is as follows:

1. Must be current with WUP (not a problem with yours since you just bought it).

2. If the product MSRP price is under $700, there is no transfer fee involved (the $700 price is what it would sell for if it's not on sale, not what you paid for it).

3. If the MSRP is over $700, there is a transfer fee involved. Last I checked this was a little over $100, but it may have changed.

There is nothing keeping you from buying their stuff on sale and then selling it higher when it's not on sale. However, I don't think it will be a successful strategy, because most people are aware that Waves constantly has sales, and if the product you're selling is not on sale, they know that it will be in a very short time. So there are probably more effective ways to make money than this.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Waves Resell Policy

^ +1