Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Copy/Pasting regions between Sessions

Is there any possible way to copy/paste regions between sessions via a clipboard rather than having to navigate through folders to find and import audio? I work on dozens of short projects a day (ads), many of which have common components with previous/other versions (I need to keep each ad in a separate Session or it's a nightmare finding the right versions again later).

Also, is it possible to somehow have several session windows open at a time so you can click between them? It'd speed up my client recording sessions if it were possible.

Cheers,

Richard.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Copy/Pasting regions between Sessions

Easiest way is to IMPORT SESSION DATA to that session and get the regions that way. Playlists and all should come in. Otherwise, NO, you cannot have multiple sessions open at one time. Imagine what that would task of a LE setup. Whew!

Sorry man, Import Session data is the best best.

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 06-03-2005, 03:14 PM

i had to do this once for a song because my drummer went too far, when he was supposed to stop with a crash and kick, so i copied a piece of drumming from another song where he did the kick/cymbal hit to the end of the song and then i exported the region's into a seperate folder, then i imported those regions on the song that needed to be fixed.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:17 AM

the problem with import session data, is that you have to import the entire track, which can get messy,
you cannot select regions, or lets say a time range (5:37 - 6:00). where those regions live on timeline,...

if only Pro Tools did what Studio One can do right?
and photoshop , and Premiere Pro,

would be so so useful to me too, as copying in audio files, "rmoves" all my esits i had on those regions....bummer

maybe in the next version.