Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2023, 04:24 AM

Default Pro Tools Studio freezing when toggling between Plugins in mix window.

Hi guys, i'm new here and i'm really hoping someone can give me a hand.

I recently upgraded from Pro tools 2021.12 on big sur on a macbook pro 2015 and it worked like a dream.

I've upgraded to a Macbook pro M2 and i'm running the latest version of Ventura and the latest version of Pro tools studio which is 2023.6.0.

The issue i'm having is that if i toggle between two different plugins in the mix window, pro tools freezes. I can still hear the music playing but everything else has frozen with a spinning ball. I then have to quit and restart. Now if i click on a plugin and then close it and open a different plugin, no problem at all but i don't to have to do that all the time as it will drive me mad.

This was happening on the previous version of pro tools 2023.3 which is the version initially upgraded to from the older mac running the older pro tools listed above and i was hoping the update from 2023.3 to 2023.6 would have resolved this but it has not.

Has any one come across this?

Also i'm running Rosetta as it seems the only way for me to still use my plugins.

Each version of pro tools was also a fresh install. Please forgive my grammar.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio freezing when toggling between Plugins in mix window.

UPDATE: So as it turns out, it seems to only be waves plugins that cause it to freeze. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 06-20-2023, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio freezing when toggling between Plugins in mix window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Costa View Post
UPDATE: So as it turns out, it seems to only be waves plugins that cause it to freeze. Anyone have any suggestions?
Make sure you have the latest versions installed. Contact waves support.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...