Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2004, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

jono1,
I hear a good song there...I like the singer's voice very much(you?)...The main thing I would work on is tightening it up overall. The drummer sounds like a good player, and the drums could come up a touch...I'de leave the bongo/congas out at least until the drums come in. Just a few suggestions I hear...
But as I say, I hear a really good song there, and this is a good beginning. Post back with any updates as you go, so we can listen.
-Roy
Old 05-27-2004, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Here are two songs from our recently released album. Recorded and mixed in the box, PTLE 5.
Getting national airplay in the US Canada.

http://www.halftheworld.cc/music.html
Old 05-27-2004, 08:07 PM

Superpenquin...sounds good. What is the 'banjo' sound?
-Roy
Old 05-28-2004, 03:43 AM

Thanks for checking out my track Roy, I used a Dean BW6 Backwoods 6-String Banjo for the banjo on the track. I usually like to blend acoustic type instruments and samples with a lot of my tracks. The live instruments in this track were the banjo, snare, and I played the keys sample that is in the background panning right and left between the speakers slightly. Mind you I used a VST for the keys, but still played them in real time with no MIDI hooked up. I did a bit of processing on the banjo to get it to sound so "up front" also like a bit of compression and ambient reverb from the audiosuite in PT.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 AM

This record I produced, engineered and mixed. Mixed in PTLE. But I did have the luxury of tracking through a Neve though.

Jeremy Casella

You can listen to snippets on the website.
Keep rockin'!!!

BJ Aberle
OS X 10.6.5
Pro Tools 9 002R
Old 05-28-2004, 07:37 PM

Wow! Lastounce the mix and the choir sound great!!!!
---------
Mindset, please don't take this the wrong way...the guitars sound tinny. Probably just my computer speakers
---------
I gotta throw sum thang up soon!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 09:32 AM

Hi guys,..
well i went and bought myself a Tascam 38 after i got my old master reels back from this studio after nearly twenty years. Man i thought they wouldnt be playable. They were covered in mold, and really poorly wound. I was pretty heartbroken, but I got out a magnifying glass, and used some home-made dental tools to carefully clean the mold off the tapes. Then I carefully rewound the tapes, and baked them. They really didnt weather too well, but there was enough left to get a decent sound out of them, so I preserved a couple of hours worth of my old bands material, and some other gems that are priceless to me. Because of the state of the tapes, I will probably never be able to play them again... so thank goodness for modern technology. (although, after listening to this, some of you guys might think it would have been better to just leave it alone)
This isnt exactly my latest stuff, because its pretty old, but I thought you guys might enjoy hearing how protools can be used to preserve and restore old audio.

Laugh or Shed a Tear

I didnt write or sing this song, but I played on it and recorded it. This was from way back in 1985, so it may sound strange. I was the primary songwriter for this band, but this is one of the other guys songs we did. I like the drumming on it. Thats my weird little guitar solo's through out.
Enjoy:)

Old 05-29-2004, 11:51 AM

Great stuff! I wish I could sit down with you all and see how you're doing what you're doing!

Here's some of what I've got going on. You can see my progression in engineering by listening to these three in order:

Salvation - http://www.onethingministries.com/salvation.mp3

Immortal, Invisible - http://www.onethingministries/immortal.mp3

I Want to Know You - http://www.onethingministries.com/iwant.m4a

I'm the artist on the first two songs (along with my band). The third song is someone else.

Pribby
Old 05-30-2004, 12:04 AM

This project was recorded totally on a Lap top.

No Mouse or mixer.
<http://www.nakedwithoutmycello.com/N...mingreen.html>

Powerbook 17" 1 GHz/1gb ram/ Mac OS 10.3.4 Digi 002/ Protools 6.4 /Reason/ Live/Cubase SX 2.2/ Meldoyne/ Waves 002 etc
Old 05-30-2004, 05:30 AM

Gravel,
Sounds pretty good man! I think that you can nudge a few spots forwards and back and tighten it up some. I undestand it is from an old reel. Can you isolate the tracks on it?

I think that the parts, if they can be nudged will definitely tighten up though if you could do that.

Cool retro feel though!

- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"